sold my bike today

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wildwing

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had my naked 1200 on CL for a couple weeks and got it sold today. I was happy to see that the buyer was a young guy who really liked the style. I still have the Aspencade and I could use the cash to cover my recent hospital stay. I'm dying to ride but waiting for a good recovery.
Here's a question. Has anyone had Bypass surgery (cabg) (lima)?
and if so, How long before you got back on the bike?
I feel really good and have not had any setbacks, sternum is healing nicely and just started cardiac therapy. 6 weeks out of surgery. Age 53
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I haven't had the surgery but have worked with a bunch of people that have and it's different for everyone. Listen to your Dr and Physical Therapist, everything in your chest was cut so don't rush it.

~O~

Glad that you were able to sell your Aspy to another new winger :good:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=130160#p130160:14xyirvr said:
Ansimp » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:58 pm[/url]":14xyirvr]
Glad that you were able to sell your Aspy to another new winger :good:
Sold him the Standard Naked wing, kept the Aspy.

Geesh, I almost want my buyer to take a test to buy my bikes, especially the GL, be lucky to find a buyer I know but I really have loved all my bikes, Glad you found a buyer when you needed to.
Far as surgery, I have found it takes longer to recover as we get past 40 or so and at 53 your brain says yes but your body isn't ready so take it as easy as you can.
Best wishes for a full recovery to you.

Wow some surgery... I have been quiet on mine... sorry if it seems a hijack... I am looking at a triple in the coming weeks.. hope I can heal quick and get back riding after... well wishes on your healing mate...

Your post has been on my mind and what I said was overly simplistic.

"Disclaimer - I am not a Dr and I am not giving you medical advice, you should consult your primary physician in regard to your questions."

Follow your plan of care. Diet, physical therapy, stress reduction and your prescribed medications are key to your recovery. "When can I ride again?" sounds a lot like "when can I have sex again?" as they aren't that different. They are both physical and strenuous activities that raise heart rate, blood pressure and stress. Usually with an uncomplicated procedure and your Dr's approval your can resume this type of activity after 6-8 weeks, but everyone is different and only your Dr can make this call.

~O~

Good to know it went to someone that appreciates it!! Did ya tell him to join CGW? :mrgreen:

Haven't had heart surgery, but I was split open years ago(1985) after an auto wreck...took me quite a while to recuperate enough to even drive a car. Dr. wasn't too keen on me getting back on two wheels, or driving a truck, which is what I was doing back then. My only non-medical advice is to do as the Dr. and therapists tell ya, and take it slow and easy. No need to be in a hurry.
Sure hope ya heal quickly, tho. :good: