Spring riding plans?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan filipi

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1983 Interstate
2018 KLR 650
2018 BMW S1000 RR
My Bike Logs forum link
https://classicgoldwings.com/forums/dan-filipi.122/
It might be hard to imagine it'll ever warm up with the way our midwest members have been getting beaten but it will!!

What are your riding plans once the weather warms up and Spring comes around?

I know I'll be riding more this season once I get everything for the 1200 cams dialed in.
No plans yet what my destinations will be but that's typical of me. I like to jump on and go.

So far I have plans to meet with a few fellow members. I probably won't get more than 4 hrs from home though.

MY only plans for when the weather cooperates is RIDE with a smile on me face! :mrgreen: I don't really do any touring, or take any long trips....just ride to werk and back, and maybe take a cruise on the weekends with Mama every now and then. But I DO enjoy every mile! Spring cain't get here soon enough... :crying:

Have plans to RIDE, RIDE, RIDE :music: :music: :party: E... Hope to get the little woman on the back and cruse up to Medford Or. as soon as the passes are safe to use (no chance of snow,, Rain OK though) at my age I don't ride fast ..I don't ride slow i just ride half fast... :smilie_happy: :hi:

:cool!: Phil predicted an early Spring and he's just down the road apiece from here, hope he's wrong though we got plenty of the white stuff to play in up here. Well you know 2 ski's out front and a track underneath and the logo ARCTIC CAT on the hood ya can't go wrong for winter time fun :music: :music: :music: :music: :music: :music: :music: :music: :music: :music:
It be a might early to be getting the Wing back out :hi: :hi: :hi:

well i think the rodent and groundhog are a heck of a lot smarter than Al Gore and the global warming scientists .......and then there the integrity issue the rodent and groundhog have much more of that too ..... :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :mrgreen:

I plan on riding down to South Texas, Port Aransas,[visit family] then maybe down to Port Isabel by Brownsville up thru SA then thru Kerrville and Fredrickburg, and up 181 back up into Ok. then back home.. Camping as I go, koa camp sites are cool, or a friends back yard..I never plan to far ahead and sometimes just do what I feel at that moment..I set aside $10 each week for a trip like this for about a year..I always come home with change.. :smilie_happy:

littlebeaver":1pix4z23 said:
I plan on riding down to South Texas, Port Aransas,[visit family] then maybe down to Port Isabel by Brownsville up thru SA then thru Kerrville and Fredrickburg, and up 181 back up into Ok. then back home.. Camping as I go, koa camp sites are cool, or a friends back yard..I never plan to far ahead and sometimes just do what I feel at that moment..I set aside $10 each week for a trip like this for about a year..I always come home with change.. :smilie_happy:

If ya make it around the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, gimmie a holler!
Fredricksburg is a sleepy little place..full of tourist traps! :mrgreen: Heck, you'd be close enough to visit Luckenbach, too!(with Waylon, Willie, and da boys...) :clapping:

AApple":1oj8sw4x said:
littlebeaver":1oj8sw4x said:

If ya make it around the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, gimmie a holler!
Fredricksburg is a sleepy little place..full of tourist traps! :mrgreen: Heck, you'd be close enough to visit Luckenbach, too!(with Waylon, Willie, and da boys...) :clapping:
Yeh, Grandpa had some land up that way, He was a fiddle Champ back in the 20's and 30's now my neice has followed his footsteps playing the fiddle in Branson with Mickey Gilley's daughter Penny's group..Grandpa kept his bee's out there on his land, that's all I remember..Bonnie Riley is her name, she's won a few Championships in Texas and other States, Know's Roy Clark Lorretta Lynn and some other's,, she's cool..

Last year was my first year with my 83 wing. I have been commuting to work with her (45 miles each way) every day it doesn’t rain. I took several long rides last year with her but hadn’t really have the reliability confidence that I now have for this bike. I want to do a N. California tour this spring, hopefully around May or early June. San Louise Obispo to the Crescent City and the redwoods and back down the Eastern part of the state. I live just outside of Yosemite Park so I have done the 120 and 108 loop a few times and that is a great ride especially for someone that has never done it before.

OldWrench":b6bqj68d said:
I want to do a N. California tour this spring, hopefully around May or early June. San Louise Obispo to the Crescent City and the redwoods and back down the Eastern part of the state. I live just outside of Yosemite Park so I have done the 120 and 108 loop a few times and that is a great ride especially for someone that has never done it before.

I haven't ridden over that way (Sierras) in a good 30 years. I'm thinking about doing a short trip up Hwy 1 and taking Pescadro road over the hill to the NAPA area. These days I gotta stop and take a short butt break about every 50-60 miles or so or it gets painfull.

Know what you mean i take a lot of CB (canarrie blabbe ) breaks now myself How ever since a had my hart attack and the meds they give me are full of stool softners they have become more important and more urgrnt. Can't have the street sweeper following me. :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :Egyptian: :Egyptian: :Egyptian: