Starting up a stored 87 Wing

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So now you have a chance to get your $200 back on that battery, go to Wally world and save some money.
AGM batteries can be had for under $100 and no acid spill, don't know if Wally has them though.

i think wally world has the acid batteries for under $100. but be sure to get the right one for your bike. and make sure the neg anf pos posts are on the right side

Whew thanks for the replies. I was STUPID and put my 06 suzukis battery in the goldwing last night...back ass wards and i burnt out the dog bone fuse on the starter relay, hopefully thats all that happened and i luckily have another. Yeah i have a slow trickle charger deal with all sorts of features (26 bucks at autozone, especially for motorcycles). So it looks like ill be saving up some money to get a new battery :p I have no problem with walmart batteries...the SoB who sold me the interstate one convinced me i needed it otherwise the bike would NEVER EVER EVER run again, and i capitulated. I was actually on the way to pick up a wally battery :p But atleast today i got one of my three bikes running!
If you lose a key to your bikes, its probally easier to take the ignition off and take it in to get rekeyed than do anything else. One company said 75 if i bring it in, and 125 for them to come out. I talked to another and it was 25 to bring in the ignition, and it was done in 5 minutes!

Thanks everyone! Ill post on this again when i get a new battery!

Basimpo1":fd5zwo2m said:
Whew thanks for the replies. I was STUPID and put my 06 suzukis battery in the goldwing last night...back ass wards and i burnt out the dog bone fuse on the starter relay, hopefully thats all that happened and i luckily have another.

Ya gotta slow down!!! Lay off the coffee!!!! :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: (Energy drinks too! :hihihi: No Red Bull before working on your bike!)

mcgovern61":iwxmbcpy said:
Basimpo1":iwxmbcpy said:
Whew thanks for the replies. I was STUPID and put my 06 suzukis battery in the goldwing last night...back ass wards and i burnt out the dog bone fuse on the starter relay, hopefully thats all that happened and i luckily have another.

Ya gotta slow down!!! Lay off the coffee!!!! :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: (Energy drinks too! :hihihi: No Red Bull before working on your bike!)

lol i was slowed down, but do you know how your battery fits in the compartment on the goldwing only a certain way? I put the suzuki battery in the same way blindly assuming Allll batteries are made the same :p lol :doh: :doh:

Hey Basimpro where did you go

Gosh I hope he didnt blow himself (or his wife's vacume) up!