Sudden 3000 RPM rattle

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At least if you had pulled the head off you would of more than likely found the rattle in the process!! :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

I pulled a similar boner recently. Had about eight miles on my 87 schizoid bike and developed a nasty ticking in the left head. Pulled the cover, looked it over and saw nothing. Started turning it over by hand slowly and was hearing and feeling with my finger each of three valve adjusters clicking. Pulled the head. Heck pulled the other head. Couldn't find any evidence of something wrong. Went to pull the cam pulley------loose bolt.DOOOOOOOOOH, doh, doh, doh doooooh!!!!! Put a new woodruff key in and it runs fine.

I am beginning to have doubts about the registration police here allowing me to ride it. I guess the law here is pretty much, no modifications from stock. I have a few glimmers of hope, but it's looking like nobody will touch it. I talked with one guy who said, "You cut the frame? No safety. You're done."

If so, I'll be moving.

That doesn't make sense Eric. What about custom bike builds, Harley very strong in MN, they get registered...and home built trailers too. Was very easy for me in CA where pretty much everything costs more and more difficult than other states.