Vetter modification: Anybody tried this?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...have had this thought also, and see that it has been mentioned that using the seat tracks out of an MG would do the trick. Know I read about somewhere before, just remember the MG thing. Lets you move the trunk at will ...CROWE.... :Egyptian:

I've other pics of this bike somewhere. Not sure where right now though. The rear seat slides forward and back. Other pics have a trunk sliding with/over a seat. I don't know who made it.

Attachments

• IMAG1235.jpg
    IMAG1235.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 123
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=11421#p11421:wyqzzkpp said:
Karitoki » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:33 pm[/url]":wyqzzkpp]
joedrum":wyqzzkpp said:
sounds like a good test mount to me i would like your input on how you like it in use .....i bet you will like it ive always wanted to do that and if you like it alot theres way to make move back and forth ....i might do this to on my new build im working on... :mrgreen:
Well, I like the look! :rocks: It looks much sleeker (if a GW can be such a thing); a better adjective would be, "smarter". :good: I'm going riding tomorrow morning to see how it works on the road. The back mount can be permanent, the front temporary. I look at the Cheapo Depot tomorrow and see if they have some 1/8" stock that I can fashion for the front. Here's some photo's of how it stands now.

P7220227.jpg

P7220228-1.jpg

P7220231.jpg

P7220232.jpg

The seat is shot anyway so I'm not worried about any damage that the trunk resting on it or the cords may cause. :nea: By the time I find a replacement (anyone in the collective with a spare K/Q or other fancy seat lying around let me know! :lol:) I'll have the permanent front bracket on. :builder:
I like your idea. I think that 4 equal length pivot brackets would be easy and adequate to fasten it forward or back. As far as a seat contact sunbob on this site. He is in Washinton.