Wanted: A few parts for a 1200

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plskthompson1

Reaction score
If luck goes my way, I'll be obtaining a 1984 1200 Interstate in the next couple of weeks. If this happens, I know of a few things that I'll need for it, and thought I would ask early to get ahead on pulling the funds together to purchase them.

I'd like to find a trailer hitch, passenger boards, and a set of hwy boards for it. If anyone here has any of these, shoot me a price plus shipping to 38460, and I'll see if I can't put a little green in your pocket.

I have a set of floorboards that I can part with. Question is, do 1100 boards fit 1200's? I assume the footpegs are in the same places, but I do not like to make assumptions.

I'll get pics later. The right side board is bent downward a tad. (Came that way). Also, with the floorboards, you will have to use a heel/toe shifter (which I also have). Whole kit for $50+shipping.

Here is a pic with the boards installed:

Thanks for the offer, but I only need the passenger set, and unfortunately I think they mount different. I'll do some research and let you know.

mcgovern61":hajvasjx said:
I have a set of floorboards that I can part with. Question is, do 1100 boards fit 1200's? I assume the footpegs are in the same places, but I do not like to make assumptions.

I'll get pics later. The right side board is bent downward a tad. (Came that way). Also, with the floorboards, you will have to use a heel/toe shifter (which I also have). Whole kit for $50+shipping.

Here is a pic with the boards installed:

I'll take those if they are still available and plskthompson1 doesn't want them. :read:

~O~

Sure thing ~O~! I will get better pictures Saturday so you can see the bend in the right one. I used them for a year and didn't like scraping around corners all the time.

No, the bend is from the front to about 4" towards the middle. I didn't have any problem with my foot feeling like it was slipping. I have the rear passenger boards too, but I just switched them for footpegs and we have not decided if they like pegs better than floorboards. The girls have complained that the floor boards vibrate with the engine and make their feet tingle.

Let's get this thread back on topic now :lol:

Found this posting today. I called the guy and left a message, we'll see if he calls me back or shows up here because I told the guy about our forums too.

~O~

Hello everybody! I'm Lee and I'm new to the Board and spoke with Randy last week. This is my third wing ( 1-1100 & 2- 1200's) and and my brothers (Larry 84 1200) first. Now that I'm older, I wanted to get back to riding a comfortable bike cross country versus being "bent over". The hitch IS still available as I've been gone (U.S. Moto GP in Monterey) and I'll make a post with other parts I have available.

Thanks guys, the races were awesome and I'm looking forward to attending the U.S. Moto GP races at Indianapolis at the end of next month as well. Gonna trailer a Silverwing I bought for my Uncle (he wants to ride again) to OKC then drive up to naptown where my son will meet me for the races. I will post pics of the hitch asap but I don't recall it being a reciever style. I'm already at work so I'll double check and take pics this evening.

Lee