Wes is in Montana

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had only a short minute on first post.
first day camped in an rv camp.

Second day stayed at a friends place in minneapolis north west side of town. Kept us out of rush traffic,
left minneapolis and drove through not Dakota in a day. Stopped to get gas and poured rain for half hour. Another bike was there with a fishing rod with all his stuff.askedwhere he was going. Alaska. So lades from Chicago has been with us ever since.

The first camp was on wet hilly grass. Yes the bike went right over.
later that day I felt something hit my leg. It was my side panel dangling on its leash. The one tab busted off.

My trailer had a bad wag to it. So off to Walmart we went. Brought 2 8inch tires and rim. Left the 2 12 inch tires with 500 miles and rim in the parking lot.
thinking the back of trailer was 4 inches too high pushing thebike. New tires helped but not totally. So off to Menard and got 2 big u-bolts and made the hitch a lot more stable.

Been running about 5500rpm's most of the time.

Yesterday got caught in a downpour so under the bridge we parked for1/2hour.
that is when my cb quit working.
up till today it has been cloudy and very comfortable riding.
today sunny 88 and smokey.

Yesterday we got back on schedule and 4 hours away from glacier.
gas. $2.59 to $2.90 so not bad yet.

Really really tired.so glad we have 2 days at glacier.

I hit a sparrow 9 miles from home. Almost hit 2 deer in North Dakota standing in the road.
only other wildlife was a rabbit visited our camp this am.

Well tired so when I get WiFi again I will report.
thanks again for your support.

I do not kn k w why it did not track today I watched to make sure it was blinking.
will get new batteries in morn.
Good night.......

I do not kn k w why it did not track today I watched to make sure it was blinking.
will get new batteries in morn.
LOL that explains it, Thought maybe caught a plane or found some kinda tunnel.

Following along. Stay safe. Enjoy Glacier!

HOTT

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=153148#p153148:2p5ofuxy said:
julimike54 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:54 am[/url]":2p5ofuxy]
Great to hear all is well, except trailer & CB issues. Good to have a traveling companion?
+1 Keep up the good work Wes :good: :moped:

Left GNP today and got to Calgary. 10 miles into Canada and my top tent compartment just blew off in this very windy area. The 25 screws let loose that held the piano hinge. Did not bust all up. Don had 2ratchet straps that now holds it together. Real glad I brought my pup tent also.

My side panel broke a tab. I am glad I had a leash on it. A fed ex guy was at a station and let me send it home right there.
Getting on line is difficult in the mountains .
Not sure what the plans are from here on out. This is as far as I planned.
Bike still running great. Time for bed.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=153727#p153727:7p441j41 said:
joedrum » 5 minutes ago[/url]":7p441j41]
cool im glad ..wes in alaska
I see him as in Alberta Canada. Alaska a ways yet to the NorthWest.