What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished the saddle bag lighting, and moved a customer bike into the shop to repair some carb issues.

Attachments

• IMG_20140726_155837[1].jpg
    IMG_20140726_155837[1].jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 96
Oh the danglers are gone. I have to go to the store and get an electronic universal Flasher relay so the blinkers will blink again, the old ones are sensitive to changes in resistance, to if you put bulbs in with a lighter draw, they will either hyper blink, or blink once and stay lit. I am having the latter issue, but that's a five minute fix under 10 dollars.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=126775#p126775:1d7v4kqh said:
krakum1967 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:58 pm[/url]":1d7v4kqh]
Finished the saddle bag lighting, and moved a customer bike into the shop to repair some carb issues.
file.php
The bags look right on the bike, Not many come out that way..Congrats.

PO was actually a lady rider, she had a saddleman recovered is what she told me. She hated the diamond of checkered pattern on it. Little rip to repair on it, but its barely noticeable. And don't get me wrong, I think the Vetters are very functional. But curvy fairing, curvy chassis, WOH lets throw on blocks and angles. Just did not work for me.

:thank_you: :thank_you: :thanks:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=126816#p126816:scwm620s said:
Omega Man » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:03 pm[/url]":scwm620s]
I just rode to a house party, one beer and two shots of Tequila and I'm home. :mrgreen: Nice ride, calm winds, light traffic on freeway and awesome lightning on the horizon North of Vegas.

~O~

:good: :moped: :salute:

Took 'The Pig' out for a bit of a spin.....now that I'm thinking of pulling the starter of course she behaved perfectly. The fear of my fumble-fingers in her guts probably scared another 2-3 months of life into her :)

Took the wife with me as well....I bought her a new ride; 2004 HD Sportster to replace her '80 Kawasaki 'Barney' that died last winter (after the same butcher that worked on my bike worked on hers).

A bit of rain when we headed out, but it cleared up nicely, so it was a nice run.

Yeah, he cost us a lot over the winter. Wife took her bike in to him and said 'it won't start'......and when that is fixed, needs a new chain and sprocket, etc etc etc.

Guess what.....he fixed everything BUT the original problem.....nice to have a shiny new chain and sprocket, fresh oil, etc etc, but if the damm thing don't RUN, whats the point?

Anyone up in this neck of the woods that is planning on getting work done on their bike, let me know, and I'll tell you who to steer clear of.

Sorry to hear it man, I do cycle service part time, and its a**holes like that who give us a bad name. I am sorry for your losses. Shitty deal, but congrats to the wife on her new to her Hog

I know a bit about the Kawasaki's PM me and maybe we can work together to get hers going again. Depending on the model I may even have a manual.

Thanks Slab, I appreciate the offer. 'Barney' is a 1980 KZ750 which has been somewhat customized. Right now I think the problem is the starter....it's off the bike, and we are going to take it in for a rebuild. After that and after I figure out how to get it back on (how hard can it be?) we'll see what happens next.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=126890#p126890:31uloc4r said:
Thylanes » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:14 pm[/url]":31uloc4r]
Thanks Slab, I appreciate the offer. 'Barney' is a 1980 KZ750 which has been somewhat customized. Right now I think the problem is the starter....it's off the bike, and we are going to take it in for a rebuild. After that and after I figure out how to get it back on (how hard can it be?) we'll see what happens next.
I have both the twin and the four. If it's the twin it likely is not the starter.

Proved to myself that the C5 ignition is water proof. I got caught in a monumental torrential downpour this evening. Last year, with the stock ignition system, my bike would have been coughing and spitting and sputtering. Tonight... not a thing! The bike just kept on running smooth.

I also tested my Frogg Togg boots and I am glad to say that I can finally ride and keep my feet dry. The rest of the body has always stayed dry with the Frogg Toggs ToadSkins but my feet ALWAYS got soaked. Looks like I found the right combination.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=126962#p126962:19eb4ade said:
brianinpa » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:47 pm[/url]":19eb4ade]
Proved to myself that the C5 ignition is water proof. I got caught in a monumental torrential downpour this evening. Last year, with the stock ignition system, my bike would have been coughing and spitting and sputtering. Tonight... not a thing! The bike just kept on running smooth.

I also tested my Frogg Togg boots and I am glad to say that I can finally ride and keep my feet dry. The rest of the body has always stayed dry with the Frogg Toggs ToadSkins but my feet ALWAYS got soaked. Looks like I found the right combination.
Yep, that is the combo I want! Got the Frogg Togg rain gear, need the boots and C5!!