What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=150792#p150792:1daui35l said:
zman » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:00 pm[/url]":1daui35l]
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=150790#p150790:1daui35l said:
julimike54 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:52 pm[/url]":1daui35l]
Jeff, you finished again? haha
:BigGrin: Yes I think this does it, need to put back on the polished fork brace and that should be the icing on the cake.
I now know how these bikes end up dressed in chrome, resisting the urge.
LOL, I see room for at least sixty more adornments. :hihihi:

~O~

zman":1malya55 said:
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=150793#p150793:1malya55 said:
rob.lafady » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:02 pm[/url]":1malya55]
Getting ready to pull out of the driveway for an overnighter at the coast with the wife. [emoji2]
Camping or doing it in style?
My wife's parents have a trailer on a lot we're staying in.

Rode it back home, first two-up trip with the wife done. We found out a couple of things, I need a tank bag, and if we're going any distance. We'll need a trailer. [emoji16]

Humm so I get up at 07:30 to go and start the "taking the test again" had to be there for 09:00 for the start at 09:30, so got up made a cup of tea, the first in over a year, for a change don't you know, even the pinky went out (must be muscle memory). Put on my new kevlar reinforced summer biker jeans, summer biking boots, grabbed the full face helmet, gloves and off I went.

Arrived in plenty of time 09:00 it all kicks off at 09:30, raining, I hate the rain, yesterday here at the house it was 21 centigrade, what we in the UK would call hot. "Hi Ian why are you here"? What, I thought I had premature dementia forgetting stuff, not this time I wrote it down, so did she. You start tomorrow on the 14th at 09:30. OH carp!

Hope it is dry and sunny tomorrow, I will check, oh carp wet again. I hate the UK when it rains, it isn't even warm rain, it's just wet and cold with no pleasure attached to it. The monsoon on the other hand is a massive down pour, but it's warm. I hate the rain! :crying: :rant:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=150897#p150897:2xioy3f2 said:
ianstaley » Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:57 am[/url]":2xioy3f2]
Humm so I get up at 07:30 to go and start the "taking the test again" had to be there for 09:00 for the start at 09:30, so got up made a cup of tea, the first in over a year, for a change don't you know, even the pinky went out (must be muscle memory). Put on my new kevlar reinforced summer biker jeans, summer biking boots, grabbed the full face helmet, gloves and off I went.

Arrived in plenty of time 09:00 it all kicks off at 09:30, raining, I hate the rain, yesterday here at the house it was 21 centigrade, what we in the UK would call hot. "Hi Ian why are you here"? What, I thought I had premature dementia forgetting stuff, not this time I wrote it down, so did she. You start tomorrow on the 14th at 09:30. OH carp!

Hope it is dry and sunny tomorrow, I will check, oh carp wet again. I hate the UK when it rains, it isn't even warm rain, it's just wet and cold with no pleasure attached to it. The monsoon on the other hand is a massive down pour, but it's warm. I hate the rain! :crying: :rant:
Good luck bro!

~O~

Thanks, rains stopped now, so going over to the lock up and get the heads off. Stage 1 on the road to recovery is over, stage 2 starts now, getting the engine, in top shape for the future.

So yesterday I rode the 1100 197 miles between 4 and 10 with a stop in Napa with my lifelong friends and racing partner. Got back to the freeway at about dark and found that I had no rear lights showing. Replaced fuse, turned key on and flash. Oh sh-- short. So turned on left flasher and drove in right lane from Vacaville home. Replaced fuse today. light bar lights up and instrument cluster but no tail light will look tomorrow.

I tore mine apart today. Summer weather is finally here and my 1985 Honda goldwing 1200 Ltd wouldn't start over the weekend. Knowing that it only needs a few things to make it run, I started with fuel, all good. Compression is definitely good. Then I checked for spark... No spark, all across the board. Went through all 3 books I have then remembered that the bike may have kicked a code. Sure enough, it did. Ns sensor fault. Went through my boxes of spare parts, found my Ns sensor, put it on, cranked for 1 to 2 seconds then, VROOOM!

Tomorrow, I will put it all back together. Glad I have all these boxes of parts to keep this dinosaur going.

It went from the rainy season here to monsoon season. I just watched it take a shower before I grudgingly took the truck to work.

burnt out two fork seals today, will do two more before the night arrives. couple of pics on the fork seals post. Also my new ARP disc brake mounting bolts arrived, all I need now is the front and rear wheel. Hopefully I get my steam cleaner back tomorrow and I can get the engine steam cleaned ready for blasting which is a bit harsh I use very fine media. Then it gets the heads striped off.

I got parts today! I may go get the tires mounted and balanced to check fitting.

There is a lack of pics in this thread, so here is my 2nd CBR 600F4i (in winter storage) ...