What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rode Val to a small early morning job and a doctors appointment. It even ended up with a couple of splashes of rain on her as the morning looked unsettled but I didn't care as the rear tire no longer resembles a racing slick.

took my LTD out yesterday, nice sunny day. and had my blue 75 out today ( Sunday )
i had recently rebuilt a starter on my 75. the original was very worn , so i refurbed another one i had. here are some pics of the guts of the original. after a chat with Tony ( Ansimp ) it was just as he described..... buggered bushing in the end cap.
arm 1.jpg

arm 2.jpg

cap 1.jpg

cap 2.jpg

Plasti-dipped the ends of my new brake hoses to make them match the rest of the de-chromed machine. Tomorrow I can just slice off the coating on the mating surfaces of the banjos. This is my new favorite stuff! I dipped them but I also sprayed the handlebars, master cyl. cap, and gave the manifold a coat for giggles. I was dreading doing all that chrome with paint. The prep to make sure it sticks would be a heap of work. This stuff only requires it be clean. Now I can knock out the engine guards and valve covers fast!

Attachments

• 20160719_192405.jpg
    20160719_192405.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 94
  • 20160719_193316.jpg
    20160719_193316.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 95
  • 20160719_195607.jpg
    20160719_195607.jpg
    287.5 KB · Views: 96
  • 20160719_200923.jpg
    20160719_200923.jpg
    418.8 KB · Views: 94
  • 20160719_200938.jpg
    20160719_200938.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 94
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=177194#p177194:1y1htbew said:
slabghost » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:05 pm[/url]":1y1htbew]
Be sure none is left inside the banjo to contaminate the fluid.

The hole is packed with a paper towel so none should get in. Of course I do have to be sure to get all of that out. All packings are one piece so they should come out in one piece too.

Picking very carefully through my old '82 wire harness. Learning about how it was made and what changes need to be made. New connectors or clean and repair? New wire for some damage areas. New fuse block or distribution panels? Definitely adding relays!

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=177196#p177196:2972hvtn said:
dan filipi » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:29 pm[/url]":2972hvtn]
I like that look. I think Home Depot has plasti dip. Will have to get me some and try it.

I got it at Lowe's but I'm sure HD has it. Ace might. What they don't have is the crazy selection of colors and finishes they show on their website. I guess you can order it directly from Plasti Dip.
https://plastidip.com/our-products/plasti-dip/

Riding Val to Springwood and stopped at Hungry Jacks / Burger King for my free coffee with 2 pancakes and a hash brown. :good:

mcgovern61 dropped off the ride-off center stand and was nice enough to take a shot at my front brake problems. The conclusion is the master is assembled wrong. I got something backwards. I need a good clear pic of how the parts are supposed to go. If it doesn't clearly show which way the rubber parts face, it's not good enough.

I did the fork seals this morning, by the time I was done, it was too hot to do anything else outside...including a test ride. The left side was bad enough, but the right was worse. The right only had about two tablespoons of oil in it when I took it apart.

In the coarse of things, it needs new brake pads on the left side, they are almost gone.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=177505#p177505:ws0am9su said:
frozenpoet » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:07 pm[/url]":ws0am9su]
I did the fork seals this morning, by the time I was done, it was too hot to do anything else outside...including a test ride. The left side was bad enough, but the right was worse. The right only had about two tablespoons of oil in it when I took it apart.

Mine's going to need the fork rebuild. How did it go? Any cautions or tips?

Painted the fairing lowers. I wanted to make some progress but it's too hot to do anything in the garage. At least I could prep them in the cool house. It took a while to sand all those little inside curves and I did not want to do it out there! The fairing is too big to haul inside but maybe I can get it done this evening. I want to get it ready to drop back on as soon as the brakes are fixed. If I can get it painted and the lights back in and wired I'll feel like I accomplished something.

I rode the wing to henry's all last week except Friday. Friday I rode the mighty ST 1300 to henry's, after leaving I rode up to Marysville, mi. Saturday morning I set out on another IBA ride, my co-worker tony went also. we rode west to flint, mi. then north to sault saint marie, mi. crossed into sault saint marie, on. from there we headed up to Sudbury, on then over to north bay, on. from there we took hwy 11 south to Toronto then took the 401 to London, on. we took the 402 west back to the blue water bridge and crossed back into port huron then picked up I_94 and finished up back in Marysville, it was one hot ride but we finished with three hours to spare despite all the delays and breaks we took. so now I've done an IBA ride for each of the great lakes, superior and a combined Ontario and erie on the wing and lake Michigan and huron on the might ST 1300. now back to the wing and the 100,000 mile mark, I've got 98,xxx miles on it now

Latest posts