What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rode the Rats Nest today with the new ( second hand progressives) and what an incredible difference. Can't wait to do the front springs as the rears are now perfect. Can't feel even the biggest bumps now. :good:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=178479#p178479:188a04ec said:
Ansimp » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:03 am[/url]":188a04ec]
Rode the Rats Nest today with the new ( second hand progressives) and what an incredible difference. Can't wait to do the front springs as the rears are now perfect. Can't feel even the biggest bumps now. :good:
even second hand progressives are some pretty good shocks

I wrecked it. The GL1800. Bruises and a cracked wrist for me (I'm ATGATT), and I don't know how the Black Pearl is. I'll have to call where she was hauled tomorrow. My fault. I shouldn't have been riding in the traffic when it is like that. I was looking for a clear lane to move into when I looked back the SUV in front had bowed up for someone cutting them off. I didn't maintain control while braking and went down, tumbling a lot. Luckily the guy behind me was giving good space and was alert. The only collision was with the pavement. And the Pearl only has 105k miles on her!

joedrum":3o5ondfx said:
im glad your ok .....seems the bike might not be to bad either
doesn't look too bad in the pictures, but the tupperware might be hiding problems. My worst worry on her is a serious dent in the Right engine guard, I just hope it didn't damage where it mounts! Worst pain for me is left chest & back area. Any effort to raise up or counter a shift results in severe pain there. Today should be the worst day, however.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=178971#p178971:12akvdoj said:
pidjones » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:37 pm[/url]":12akvdoj]
I wrecked it. The GL1800... And the Pearl only has 105k miles on her!

I am glad that you are mostly un-harmed. Seems a shame for such a young bike.

Too many toys Joe and not enough money or time for them all. I need to fairing repair Red and a few other cosmetics so it can be sold. I still haven't sold my 2007 Forester, I need to get the Pig back on the road ( still paying rego even though it hasn't been ridden since the great robbery of 2013) and I want to abs repair all the Vetter panniers on the Rats Nest. I still have the heads off the 1200 and need to tap the cam in case of a C5 install in the future. Plus ridding is way more fun than working on them! :good: :moped:
Oh and I forgot about this pastime :salute: :doh:

i had been chasing an annoying little oil leak on my blue 75. could see oil weeping around the neutral switch... hmm i says to myself..... self, fix that. so, off with the engine bars, drop the oil, remove the exhaust , remove the oil screen cover and take the switch out.
hmmm, the o ring looks a bit suss, but the switch centre is loose ??? no worries, mixed up some JB WELD , smeared the thread (of the screw in part of the switch) and
some more around the top of the switch to seal it. leave it overnight to set.
next morning , i remember i have a brand new switch in my spare motor, so pull that out and decide to use the JB WELDED one in the spare engine. fit a new o ring and put it all back together. test ride and it all seems good.
until the next day and there are drops of oil on the floor again... a closer inspection reveals oil weeping from the water pump weep hole , and the new bastard neutral switch. CRIKEY.....
so. drop the oil, drain and remove the radiator, remove the engine bars and exhaust. first , out with the neutral switch. the screw in part is loose ??? what the ?
no worries, i fit the JB WELDED one with another new o ring.. and remove the front cover, and pull the water pump out. the bearings feel good, so i fit new o rings,
new crush washers on the bolts holding the pump in , and also thread sealant on those bolts. ( not taking any chances . :BigGrin: )
put it all back together and still a small leak out the weep hole of the pump but the neutral switch is dry. :Egyptian:
so, pull it all apart again . am scratching me noggin because all looks good. and i can't see why the bugger is leaking. then a little AHA moment.... and i suddenly think to have a look at the seal ON THE ENGINE SIDE of the water pump, and that is as hard as , and slightly out of shape. so , down to the bearing shop and get two of those ( always have a spare ) and fit a new one. put it all back together , and it is all now dry. rode it 170 klm today and it is dry.... at last..... :clapping:
some days........... :blush: