What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just try them all! :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: Seriously(not) the pulse generators were a hit and miss proposition and when I changed the timing belts it looked as if the right one may have been off a half a tooth.But I have been using tcw3 for a couple of months now and it has run better than ever. Oh! Have I mentioned that I only run non-ethanol gas in my wing? :rocks:

Piktureit":kbdyvnji said:
Today I cussed at it!

Alot!

A whole lot!

:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: I have days like that !!!!

Today I took her out for a spin with my new SENA intercoms - WOW are they great!!! Now I just have to figure out how to make the radio come across on them. !

ok took the carbs off and checked them out had very little grim inthe bowls and no build up on the floats everything esle looked really shinney.gave everything a good shot of carb cleaner any way. looks like po must have had them done recintly.so while i went and rigged up my work tank hooked it up to the fuelpump and gas ran strieght through so i thought the werst. took off fuel pump and opened it up and dyaframwas good but had a lot of crud built up round it so a good dose of carb cleaner and it was working like new put it back on.tommarrow time to check the belts and dyna agian.and try to fire her up. wish me luck. hope fully she be all back together by the weekend. then tags tital and ride like h_ll see how the maidenvoyage will be. :yahoo:

:fiddle: I spent 7 hr's on Saturday 5/26/12 rebuilting rear calibor and replacing both front and rear brake pads. Now waiting for rain to stop so I can go make sure brakes work. Now it is Monday and I will get chance to try it. :moped: :music2:

:Awe: put the carbs back on hooked up all the plugs put lines on fuel pump gas in carbs checked dyna and timeing markslite up whe was suposed to turned on kill switch turned on key. cranks over spits and sputters but on vroom?
:head bang: turns over good but no start. am i overlooking something?thanks bill :rant: :help: :help:

I rode it. Went on a Bean Dip run. HEB grocery stores have my favorite bean dip, but the closest one is in Big Spring Texas. 106 miles away. Windy as could be, but it was a good ride.

John M.

Attachments

• 07a Animules4.jpg
    07a Animules4.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 113
  • 08a Rest Stop Tahoka.jpg
    08a Rest Stop Tahoka.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 115
  • 01a HEB Big Spring.jpg
    01a HEB Big Spring.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 114
  • 09a Bean Dip.jpg
    09a Bean Dip.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 114
Finished repairs on lower fairings, remod the foam in the seat again,(seventh time) and put the cover back on it. Took it for a short spin and I think I might have it this time. Sure is comfy. Got a yellow stain and light gas leak running down back of #4, something leaking somewhere, smell a little gas when you walk by it.....probably just a loose clamp, put all new hoses on last year. I'll check it out tomorrow.

Rode her to work today :good: :good: :good: but was real hard to make that left hand turn into the parking lot at the shop :moped: :moped:

John M.":ajb7p424 said:
...the closest one is in Big Spring Texas.

:shock: My home town!
oh...wait...did I just say that out loud? :Doh2:
:smilie_happy:

I rode today....it's been storming here the last couple of days, but today...WING weather! :yahoo:

detdrbuzzard":9bpon4w8 said:
i made sure the covers were on both wings, its raining pretty hard

RAIN ??????????? Thought I saw the Ark getting ready here today :Egyptian: :Egyptian: :Egyptian:

John M.":3pb52sxk said:
I rode it. Went on a Bean Dip run. HEB grocery stores have my favorite bean dip, but the closest one is in Big Spring Texas. 106 miles away. Windy as could be, but it was a good ride.

John M.
Well at least you will have lots of gas avter the long ride back. :mrgreen: :music3:

PetesGoldWing wrote:
"Well at least you will have lots of gas after the long ride back." :mrgreen: :music3:

:clapping: That's a good thing since my olden Goldie doesn't get very good mileage. :clapping:

John M.

Carbs in....carbs out ....carbs in....carbs out... this is getting tiresome...BUT now I can be a pit crew member on the Winston cup series circuit....Have the techneque down to minutes.
:music2: :music2: :sensored: :yahoo: Now just have to Identify the "O" ring size for the cross over tubes and find a source.then carbs in :lazy: :lazy: :lazy: :yahoo: :yahoo: