What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oldewing":3t6h9f3n said:
Sorry to hear bout the neck and back, tuff stuff.

Try riding more :salute:
took the van so i could carry the lawnmower to mom's and cut grass and help clean her basement. still having spasms in my back so the wing is parked today. if i feel better i'll ride to work in the morning but right now i don't think it would be a good idea to go riding even though i want to

Nothing for the past week. We have been combining soyabeans since last Thursday, weather good, yeilds good, and all working great till last Fri. nite when combine caught fire, (dust and heat from undetermined source ) don't mix well, burnt thro a h. press oil line and drained motor oil.. and resulted in seizing the motor. ( all in about 2 min. or less). Put the fire out successfully, so very little cosmetic damage to combine. Rented another Sat. and finished all the acres last night... Hopefully we get some nice weather for the long weekend, ( canadian thanksgiving) and we can ride for theraputic reasons.

LorneG":2e2uu3m5 said:
Nothing for the past week. We have been combining soyabeans since last Thursday, weather good, yeilds good, and all working great till last Fri. nite when combine caught fire, (dust and heat from undetermined source ) don't mix well, burnt thro a h. press oil line and drained motor oil.. and resulted in seizing the motor. ( all in about 2 min. or less). Put the fire out successfully, so very little cosmetic damage to combine. Rented another Sat. and finished all the acres last night... Hopefully we get some nice weather for the long weekend, ( canadian thanksgiving) and we can ride for theraputic reasons.

You are lucky it didn't blow up! Dust suspended in air has a very low deflagration point!
Guess your going to be spending a big part of the winter rebuilding the Motor eh.

had a massy fergusion 510 combine with 350 chevy motor ....hydraulic resevoir right next to exhast manifold ....they would glow red ...i always had an eye on it while combining ...dryest hydraulic hoses i was ever around ....great machine it was ...solid as a rock for a combine ...gave a decade of service without any big parts failures ....seems the motor heat would cook the oil seepage and protect the lines ....always on the verge of fire it seemed ...glad nothing super bad happen ....

All I did was look at it becasue it is :sensored: raining again!!!

I picked up a welder from HF a few weeks ago, so now that the new bags are mounted I am going to be working on the trailer hitch this afternoon.

buffdaddy56":1lv6y6t1 said:
Replaced my fog/driving lights,put some reflective tape on strategic spots to make me more visible at night. :good:

I have that stuff on the rear of my saddlebags, and on the rear of the trunk...that stuff can been seen for miles when headlights hit it from behind.... :good:

Also makes it hard to take a pic of the bike from behind at night! :hihihi: