What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, yesterday, after doing some yardwerk, I tore into my turn signal switch. I have been having to hold the button to the right when I used the signal, instead of it staying there itself, as it am 'posed to. Anyway, I figured it was gummed up with old grease er sumptin, so I busted it open to have a look-see. Cleaned it all up, put some new dielectric grease in it, tried it out, and promptly saw most of the smoke come right out of it.... :sensored: :rant:
Now...I need to find a good usable switch to steal parts out of. One of the two contact saddles burnt a hole right thru itself. In the process of checking that out, I lost it....gone for good(it's reeeeeealy TINY!)l. :head bang:
Did a little more checking and found that the switch would still work all of the signals with just the one contact, so I put it all back together like that, and tested it...and it worked. A little while later, after doing some other stuff, I looked down, and there, on the garage floor, was the dadburn contact I had earlier spent aboot an HOUR looking for...
:Awe:

Rode to werk today....beautiful ride, as the weather is starting to turn nice. Ride on Wayne! Ride on Garth!! :moped:

yesterday... put on some rear bullit type turn lights on the rear, got out and hunted down my horn wires. hooked up one got a horn. then weather started getting bad agian. was happy to get that done .now the weather is turning cold agian. well there is next week..

Just watched the rain roll off the tarp covering the wing...went ahead an ordered new petcock and master cyl kit...figure I needed the rain ...gives the old back and knees a rest....Lift sure sounds like a new tool I need!!!

I dd the timing belts on the weekend, tonite I'm starting a carb replacement. I picked up another rack that will work better than my current one and will give me lots of time to rebuild the old one.

I started her up, was a bit**. She didn't want to wake up but I finally got her up.
Probably gas is getting old, idle was slow.

That's it, enough using her as a test bed.
Going to put her back together so I can ride.

Great plan. All my mates went to Yamba NSW yesterday which is my favourite spot on the coast. I didn't go as my wife is still recovering from the flu and she though it was an extravagance that we couldn't afford as we are going to the States in August. I road across Mount Tamborine with a few of them for the mustering at Canungara. It sure was great to open up the bike on some twisties even if it was only 100k worth. Weather is perfect atm even though it is starting to get fresh in the morning ( first frosts for the season this week)

i rode the wing up to the club house around 10 this morning but noone was there, they took off for memphis yesterday so i ended up heading west on I-96 / m-14. i took us-23 south into ohio and rode around toledo for awhile. i took detroiter st. back to us-23 and headed north exiting at m-50 so i could take a look at this https://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/mcd/3809437908.html . i took m-50 west to us-12 and stopped at town and country cycle. they had one red and one black f6b ( i like the black f6b, red just isn't my color ) there were also four 2013 wings on the showroom floor. it was time to head for home so i took us-12 east to i-94 east then picked up m-39 for home, made for a 241 mile ride. i made a grilled cheese sandwich and ate a few pieces of cat fish before going out and installing the new cee bailey 1+ tinted windshield on the 1500 wing

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=82313#p82313:2bpnown5 said:
Ansimp » Sat May 25, 2013 8:02 pm[/url]":2bpnown5]Nice 1800!
i thought so too but it will be two to three years before i buy one but black is my second choice unless it has all the options i want

With the help of Vegaswingnut we removed the 4" risers the PO put on the rear Markland floorboards for his shorter misses. It involved a little plastic panel damage repair(you can't see it!) from the PO. George is a genius. :yes:

~O~

Just looked at her today, had to put pavers in around the patio today for the other half, :sensored: it was a nice day, a little on the cool side, but sunny all day, but then again all the fair weather :moped: were not out as I did not here or see them going up & down my road today :hihihi: :hihihi: :hihihi: :hihihi: :hihihi: :hihihi:

I've been riding the 80 to work its running great, thinking about changing the carbs in the 81 to a single carb and a new starter, any thoughts on that.

Re-installed the driver's back rest, (spent an hour or so looking for those hose clamps I needed for the job :rant: , got the lecture of putting things where they go :roll: . went to parts store for more clamps.) finished installing the back rest :builder: . Sat on bike and enjoyed the back rest :lazy: .

Installed a new rear tire and brake pads. No idea why but I only got 5500 miles from my Spitfire S11's......
I fully extended the caliper Pistons to clean them and then collapsed them completly to make room for the new pads. That must have moved some dirt around that had been laying peacefully in some corner of the system for a long time. The first problem, the brakes wouldn't pump up. :head bang:
Then when they did I took a test ride and then they wouldn't release. :head bang: :head bang:
Then I got lucky, after flushing over a pint of fluid through the lines, everything is back to normal and I have that "new tire" ride. :music: