What Do You Do When You're Not Riding, Wrenching Or Working?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my other hobbies include video games, fly tying and fishing, building bamboo fishing rods from scratch, model rocketry, yoga, and cooking.

Spending time with my wife by going on holiday when we get chance. ( Scotland touring on the Wing is favorite ) Other places since year 2001 include Portugal , France, Spain , Netherlands and Germany as a touring break that took 3 weeks in 2004. Package holidays include Turkey ( 5 times ) , Greece ( 2 times ) Cyprus , North Africa , Sub Sahara Africa ( Gambia ) , Canarie Islands ( Lanzarote , Gran Canerie , Tenerife ) Cuba ( 4 times ).

Takeing care of our house and the surrounding 10 acres. (The trees alone will work you to death.) Antique restoration, woodworking, MendingFixingBuilding, Kayaking, Camping with the wife, Fishing with my buddy, our friends.

thanks bo bo ...ginger baker .....one of my heros ......and yes thats me ....yep i have a lot of seat time and couple billion licks in the back pocket .......im still amaze everyday how good and fast i am ...im so grateful ......that video dosnt come close to showcasing my drumming ....you sould try and come to the meet and greet if you can ,,,im going to try and set up a good wing rock time ......thanks again bo bo ...and steve thank you for thinking enough of the video to post it ......ive got one or more good tours left in me im thats my goal is to kick ass on drums till im thrown in the 6ft hole :mrgreen:

I drew this about 15 years ago in Photoshop. It's a Ford 144/170/200 six from the 60's & 70's. I want to try a Wing engine - someday...

Attachments

• Ford 170 CID.JPG
    Ford 170 CID.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 153
I was never any good at drawing on paper, but with Photoshop, you can be very precise, and it's easy to undo errors - which I spend most of the time doing!

Here's a cross-section of a steam engine cylinder:

Attachments

• Steam Engine.JPG
    Steam Engine.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 108
And one more - this is the transmission from my '90 Taurus SHO, "unfolded" to show all the gears. In reality, the top and bottom gear shafts both engage the big differential gear.

Attachments

• SHO Trans.JPG
    SHO Trans.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 98
Steve83":39sfxgqp said:
And one more - this is the transmission from my '90 Taurus SHO, "unfolded" to show all the gears. In reality, the top and bottom gear shafts both engage the big differential gear.
One with the internals of a gl1100 would be nice :whip: