wire Schematics for 79???

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brad58

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a link or anything on the wire Schematics for a 79 gl1000.. So the running lights and turn signals on front are out. The rear everything works except running lights. Can't find fuse box anywhere and looks like whoever worked on this bike before obviously had no clue what they were doing its a rats nest. Please help!!

I made up that 4 part color wiring diagram slabghost linked, from the 1 part wiring diagram.
Looks great when printed in color then taped together.

When I have time I plan to do this to all the color diagrams.

Problem is there are alot of wires hacked and spliced. The right side blinker stopped working then the running lights started to flicker. The wires look good outside the headlight housing. Inside there is a nightmare

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=159280#p159280:1tfsesq9 said:
Brad58 » 5 minutes ago[/url]":1tfsesq9]
Great thanks guys, I've got a mess on my hands. Yea I looked all over in the shelter and I can't find it. I know what it looks like.

Also if a 79 is like a 77 the fuses are in the left side compartment of the false tank shelter. Open the center false tank panel (where the fuel cap is located). Inside on the left and right there are black knurled knobs. Unscrew the left one and the side panel will come open revealing all the GL 1000 electrics.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=159296#p159296:1ka2h1qb said:
Brad58 » 6 minutes ago[/url]":1ka2h1qb]
Yea that's the thing I have both sides broke down and even looked under the air box. Still nothing??

Ok, look in the leftside panel, the fuse box looks like this:

images

And is located here:
images

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=159300#p159300:7abb2wgr said:
Brad58 » 3 minutes ago[/url]":7abb2wgr]
Found it it was wedged up under the lower Guage cluster. Unfortunately no blown fuses. It's not making any sense why the running lights just went out

There is also a cluster______ of bullet wiring connectors at the front of the same panel. The lighting connectors here could be loose or corroded.

No rear or front running lights at all. So weird. I tried to tie into the headlight and when I use the turn signals it makes all the blinkers flash lol... I tied the tail light into the headlight for now so that will get by, I disconnected the front running lights so I can use the turn signals. Unfortunately I need to rewire this whole bike. As of now I'm just trying to get by for the rest of the season, a month maybe two. But it's definitely weird. Everything was working until a day ago smh. Not sure why it stopped, I think something burnt out due to the hack job whoever did on it... so for now turn signals all work and I tied my rear running light to headlight so that should get me by ugh... thanks guys.