1100 fairing

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjanderson

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I recently acquired a new 1100 fairing. It's never been on a bike. I was going to use it on my project but decided I didn't want to repaint everything else. So I was thinking of selling it but didn't know what it was worth. Any ideas? Thanks

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=150656#p150656:ruusuk6l said:
mjanderson » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:27 pm[/url]":ruusuk6l]
I believe so. Is there a way to tell?

If it's never been installed it is, my question was rhetorical. I think 1K is fair, some might say you can buy a bike for that price... yes one that's beat to sh*t. Maybe it's worth more.

~O~

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=150660#p150660:23ezdupp said:
mjanderson » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:57 pm[/url]":23ezdupp]
I suppose the harder job is finding someone with pockets deep enough to pay that kind of money...
Ebay is full of'em. :yes:

~O~

Biggest issue selling any fairing of size is the shipping. Being new old stock though will make it worth the added expense to someone.

Do you have all of he mounting hardware, windshield, lights and pocket covers?

If it is just the bare faring (even if NOS), I would bet it might be a bit harder to sell at $1K.

Most that have 1100 don't want or can't put a lot of money in them. I just gave the fairing off my 80 wing to a guy in our Christian Motorcycle club. Personally I agree with Dan $200.00 tops. Now if it was for a newer 1800 wing that would be a much different, and worth a lot more.

Well none of you need or want a new fairing. I recently paid around $60 of a tiny 4"x6" NOS pocket door. Sure there was plenty of garbage available cheap, but I didn't want garbage on my bike just to save a few pennies. I think he can do much better than $200.

~O~

If there were not so many of them available, it would go for a pretty penny. Even though it is new and looks great, and i wish i had it, but not for a 1000 dollars. I think 200 would be pretty close to tops, but you might get more from someone because of the NOS feature. But you will have to find that person first.

My two wings are both 82A's in a different color. Both fairings are decent, but finding lids and tail bags in the same color and condition as the fairing has been a real chore. If the fairing was in my color I could see myself going 1000 for one and I think starting there as a buy now would be smart.

Again, it is just finding the guy with the money and the desire to have something looking new.

Not to hijack, but if any of you have had any experience painting the plastic on these critters, what worked best?

Anyone on the west coast particularly good and fair on pricing for that kind of work. Both of mine are in socal, and I am living in alaska so I don't get to see them weekly.