1100 gl water pump seal kit help

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
????? :lazy: What. Do you have a set of seals? The kit contains all the gasket and "O" rings needed for the water pump and front Tran. cover. I usually add a light coat of High temp silicone to keep them in place while installing.

on the doc sight how to replace water pump they show bolt lengths for the engine cover the one 3 inch and next two as 2and a quarter and 1inch and half on each end this is top of cover above oil pump and water pump is this so with 1980 gl 1100 motor? or is that 3 inch a 2and a quarter? thks

on the cover of mine all i have is 2 and quarter on the top,so whatever they are the same length of the three long ones?thks

on the https://www.goldwingdocs.com on how to remove and replace water pump they show a three inch in the left side with two 2 and quarter next to it.three bolts top.I don't have a three inch.question is the top three all the same length?on the 1980 thks

good idea i will take a phillips and measure lengths of the three to bottom out thks good tip

If you do it like I did it doesn't matter the length. I took a small box, made a simple sketch of the front of the engine, then stabbed holes with a screwdriver where the bolts were. Took the bolts out and punched them thru the holes in the box where they matched up. I knew it was going to be a while before I put it back together but when I did I just pulled the bolts out of the hole in the box and they all went back in perfect. Can't mess them up that way.

Heath

figured it out guys.on the 1980 1100 the top long bolts are all the same length 2.25 the first far left one is recessed,next two raised 2.25 where as the one in the docs picture is raised like the next two hense it needs 3 inch.2.25.2.25 mystery solved like was said going slow might pay off thks for the input.

water pump is in no leaks,still had green dripping from cross member muffler pipes,since was green figure residual water from old pump drain,with this install filled with streight water checked for leaks drained and filled with honda 50/50 anti freeze,anyone have a thought where the water came from muffler cross over.the one that joins the two -it was dripping bright green presto that was in it before.thks

it very possible if it needed watr pump work it may have gotton hott enough to blow a head head gaskit ...thats not that bad realy and can somewhat be expected ....i f runs rather well like this it cant be to bad ....just stick to it your almost there ....

put the honda 50/50 in it,new oil filter with 20-40 motorcycle wet clutch oil,changed the mufflers to good original set,didn't seal the cross over with high temp silicon,i just tighten the two bolt clamps,so a smell of exhaust to the driver at 50-80 miles an hour.No leaks oil or water wise though-thks everone for your help!c