1200 coil wires

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ekvh

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me which wire should be connected on the primary sides of the coils, or does it matter? There is one primary tab which is green at the base, the other has no color. Should the green be the pulse from ignition, in my case a Dyna S or should it be the hot wire, the black and white. I cannot find any schematics for the 1200. TIA

Yes, but it doesn't show which side of the coils the wires are attached to. I am thinking it doesn't matter, but looking fora definitive confirmation. My coils have a green painted terminal on one side of the coil. If someone has a 1200, they could slide off the connectors and see which goes to which.

If they're reversed, the polarity of the spark will also be reversed, which shouldn't matter at all. Since the plugs are in series, tip-to-tip, they fire in opposite polarity of each other anyway.

That's what I thought. What about backfeeding the ignition? I have a Dyna. I do not have a resistor, but the coils are 3.2 ohms. I don't think it matters.

Latest posts