1200 front end on a 1100

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well yes the 1200 front will go right on all complete....problems are ...speedo cable might ot register right and might not hook up to 1100 speedo i dont kmow cause i dont have one to try on hooch ...the other problem is brakes looks like yours is a 80 model and is not linked brake system...that would have to be changed ... on hooch ive got the 1200 wheel on the 1000 front end ...and made that work ... your bike being a 80 it has the perfect rotors on the 1100 set up that made hooches mod work as the rotors from 1100 will bolt up to 1200 wheel and made rotor off set close enough for me to mod it .., and that what i chose to do with the parts i had to work with ...there was some modding there ...its certainly not plug and play as one would like ..either way you go ..id say for you best start complete 1200 front and deal with brakes ...as in unlinking the brake system .. if had all that i would probably done that

Again Joe, you are a life saver! I will go with the 1200 front and hook the brakes up as my 80 is. I don't care for the linked brakes.. guess i am too old but i like my own front to rear brake control ! and it will make the wheels match as i am going to use the 1200 swing arm and drive unit.. Thank's a million Joe

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=143320#p143320:29ryg4qv said:
sgq700 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:24 am[/url]":29ryg4qv]
Again Joe, you are a life saver! I will go with the 1200 front and hook the brakes up as my 80 is. I don't care for the linked brakes.. guess i am too old but i like my own front to rear brake control ! and it will make the wheels match as i am going to use the 1200 swing arm and drive unit.. Thank's a million Joe
+1 on seperate front and rear control
The only Honda linked brake system that I like is on the later CBRs and is called a dual system and pushes fluid both directions proportionally, but is way too complex in my opinion.

All my CBRs are the old ones 1987-1991 unlinked brakes ( some in 91 must of had an option) and 92-96 were linked/ Dual braking system. I would like a newer CBR in theory ( fuel injection, more horespower and lighter) but youtube videos of front wheels being put back down at 220kph and rear peg position forcing your weight over the front wheel would not be fun in the long term. The old CBRs are truly sports tourers rather than pure sports bikes like the newer ones.