1200 in the stable now.

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plskthompson1

Reaction score
I went yesterday and picked up the 1200 from A1 and A2. Rode it home, and all I can say is WOW!!!!!!!

Started home and had to hit I40 for about 3 miles and was surprised at it. Once I got it up to hwy speed, it was like riding on glass. I looked down at the tach and was pulling just over 3000 RPM at 70mph. Looked ahead and let it roll. I looked down a minute later, and the tach was showing about 3500, but the speedo was showing above 80mph. I just about crapped.

It was wonderful. I wish I'd found this one before my 1100.

Nothing against them, but they just don't have anything on the 12's.

:rant: :rant: :rant: NO PIX????? :rant: :rant: :rant:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: Congrats on the "new" ride!!!! Glad ya like it....sounds like a winner! :yahoo:

plskthompson1":2qwkr6fr said:
It was wonderful. I wish I'd found this one before my 1100.

Easy there,them are fighten words. :whip:
The 1200s are fancy and all,but nothin beats the reliabilty of an 1100.Nothing. :rtfm:

Of course there are well kept,and poor kept.Hard lives and easy lives to everything. :fiddle:
Serious though,glad you got it and are happy. :music:

Where is the pics?

plskthompson1":hc7sv2kx said:

Now we're known as them 1100's!

Awe man!

Congrats on your new ride!

plskthompson1":3u6ynvqj said:
Started home and had to hit I40 for about 3 miles and was surprised at it. Once I got it up to hwy speed, it was like riding on glass. I looked down at the tach and was pulling just over 3000 RPM at 70mph. Looked ahead and let it roll. I looked down a minute later, and the tach was showing about 3500, but the speedo was showing above 80mph. I just about crapped.

Maybe you need to install the optional handlebar toilet paper holder just in case!!!! :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

I know you all need pics or you go into DT's. I want to get all the panels on and get her cleaned up before the flashes go to popping.

As far as 1100's go, I'll miss mine, but I'm glad I made the upgrade.

were all just glad to get a fellow member back in the saddle :grin:

I will admit some of the feature of the 1200 are nice. Honda did learn from the 1100 and tried to make the 1200 a better machine.

plskthompson1":2dg5yije said:
I know you all need pics or you go into DT's. I want to get all the panels on and get her cleaned up before the flashes go to popping.

Fine...6 minutes to put the panels on, and lemme see...12 minutes to wash, 4 minutes to take pics...uhm a minute 36 seconds to upload and post pictures. You've had plenty of time. :Doh2:

~O~

Yeah...but she's dirty in those pics :oops: :smilie_happy:

Actually...I have no idea why I thought the bike looked any different than the pics you already posted...I can be a little slow on the uptake.

I saw them on NGF too. :oops:

~O~

I think I've got a name for her as well. I think she's gonna be called "Betty." My wife is a big fan of Betty Boop and seeing as how she had to give up her little 250 to get the wing, I'll do something for her.

Attachments

• betty_boop_031.gif
    betty_boop_031.gif
    14.6 KB · Views: 101
great deal on the 1200 wing. i got my '84 aspy back in '07, the po had replaced the stator. other than a fuel filter and tires nothing has gone wrong with it. i have never had or ridden a dressed 1100 wing so i have no way of compareing it to a 1200. glad that you are back in the saddle again though

scdmarx":2w281f59 said:
Oh, Black Betty-Bambedam! :music:
A classic old song that I like simply because I thought it sounded cool when I was a kid. I don't think I have heard it in at least ten years.

Latest posts