1200 into a 1000 chopped

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't load from my Samsung smartphone, but having luck with the Ipad. Couldn't find the setting adjustment yet. I got more wiring put of the way today. Wired a single unit regulator/rectifier in. Figured out a few other switches between the Magna controls and the gl1000. I'm getting more and more optimistic about it. I need to sell some parts to buy some newer parts. I think I'll need new throttle cables, and the dreaded battery. Looks like $135 for the small LiFePo4 type. I think I got the RLU torn out of the harness and bypassed.

If you take the photos with the ipad it should work out okay. I am assuming it is the interface between the Samsung and the ipad. Mine seem To all work out okay but they are iPhone to ipad. I also have the latest software running in the ipad so that could be an issue as well. :laptop: :head bang: :yes:

The only way I have figured to do it is take the pics, send them to my email, save the pic on my Ipad, and then it will show up as a photo in the "brouse" section. Otherwise, on my Samsung, I get nothing when I click "brouse."

Maybe your email account is reducing the photo file size. You can buy a camera adapter for the ipad which will allow you to connect the Samsung phone by its USB cord to upload the photos direct. You could also upload your photos directly to your gallery with the phone using wifi/ cellular data. I use an app that allows me to share iPhone to ipad but I couldn't find one for the Samsung to ipad.

That's a Focus, Windows phone.

I had a Windows phone, loved it but it didn't support html5 (I think it was) which severely limited some stuff on the net which is probably why you can't upload to the forum from it.
I'll see what I can find about increasing the camera resolution.

Ok looks like how you change the resolution (picture size) is:

While in the camera mode, tap the screen and a menu should pop up.
In the menu look for "photo resolution"
The higher numbers here mean larger image.
Try the 1600x1200 setting for example then email that to yourself and see what it looks like.
You can attach the image in this thread or in the Test forum.

Good plan, Slab. I was home scrounging more parts today. I found a pair of throttle cables from a 1200 which I think will work. I stole some more electrical plugs from the Magna and some odds and ends I may need yet. I need to order a headlight, turn signals and a battery, but I have a spare in a car battery I'll use to test things and maybe even fire it up by the end of the week. I forgot to buy spark plugs. Guess I'll have to pay Canadian prices. The wife is off tomorrow and she'll probably pull me away, Monday I hope things roll! Anyone know the difference between 1000 plugs and 1200 plugs?? I think I should go with the 1000 plug. Thanks for advice. No back to the pictures. Sorry, Slab. I stopped and talked with the AT&T folks today, and I can upgrade any time. I like the looks of an LG which has a 13 mpxl camera and they claim is faster. It's quite a bit bigger, but still fits in the pocket easily. Maybe in July. I gotta get this girl running first.

I think I'd go with the 1200 plugs. The plugs themselves won't affect the function of the ignition you choose to use.

Bigger pics......I hope.
image.jpg

Higher pull backs clear tank better and allow more upright position for me.
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 148
Stuck the Magna fender on. I understand I have to have a fender. This one will have to be extended a half inch up or so and even then it hits all the nubs. I got a lot done today....for me. Made a battery box for smaller battery and painted it. Made mounts for reg/rectifier. I have to figure out a different air filter box with this tank. In the back, I only have four and a half inches from the top of the plenum to the tank bottom. Not sure what's going to work there. I also chopped an inch off my top spacers on the front forks and I have a little bounce now. Earlier I put in 1.875 spacers in e bottom to shorten them They wouldn't move unless you were up and bouncing on them. I'll ride it before I take any more.
image.jpg

Latest posts