• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Gold Wing and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1977 GL1000 w/ Vetter Touring Setup

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schmidtap

Reaction score
Okay the time has come for me to upgrade. Since the Boss won’t let me keep 2 Wings at the house, I’m selling my 1977 GL1000 in the Fastest Color. It has a Vetter Windjammer 4 or SS Fairing, Lowers, Trunk, and Saddle bags. Mileage is currently just over 50K. I’m looking to get 2K for it, but have some room to negotiate so feel free to make an offer.
I’ve owned this bike since Apr 2008, and have spent a lot of time working on it to get it in the condition it’s in. And have a record of pretty much everything I’ve done to it since.
Recent Work Done
Rear Tire - 21 Nov 10 47,598
Front Tire - 31 July 10 49,670
Upgraded to 1100 Carbs
Replaced Stator 16 Apr 10 49,154
New Ignition Switch
Dyna Coils
Electronic Ignition
3 wire Plug of Death Hard wired

What I know will or may want to be done
New Choke Cable
Replace or repair Exhaust. Right tailpipe has a hole in it.
New Battery as it’s been sitting since I headed back to Afghanistan in Aug.

Bike can be viewed in person with prior coordination, currently under the care of fellow Winger while I’m gone.

If there is any interest, let me know. I have some things at the house that I will need the Misses dig out; it has a Clean WI title, and a few extra parts that I’ll include.

Attachments

• 5.bmp
    30.4 KB · Views: 212
I think you need to educate your other half. You need to keep at least one rider while you wrench on the other. Or you could just take her to the Honda dealer and price a new Wing. Honey I'll trade in the old one but I'll need your help with the payments on this one. Or I could just buy some old bikes to fix. :lol:

I had a similar problem until I agreed to up my life insurance policy. :) Now she's happy but I'm scared to eat or sleep.

slabghost":1jg96ufv said:
I think you need to educate your other half. You need to keep at least one rider while you wrench on the other. Or you could just take her to the Honda dealer and price a new Wing. Honey I'll trade in the old one but I'll need your help with the payments on this one. Or I could just buy some old bikes to fix. :lol:

:lol: I tried that just not working.

:read: this bike will make some one a nice bike. it is presently storded in my shop area . if interested either pm or e mail me.

Attachments

• tucked in--again 001 (640x480).jpg
    tucked in--again 001 (640x480).jpg
    43 KB · Views: 156
It's actually a nice looking bike. I bet it would be a hit if you sell it online....as long as the price is right.