1980 GL1100

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

switchleg

Reaction score
Hello CGW members.
I recently aquired a 1980 GL1100 from my brother in IL. I had it shipped to my location down in Ft Myers, FL. My first ride around ...I can hear a load chain chatter coming from the engine. I have not yet procured a service manual but from some DL's I can see that it uses a timing 'belt'...so I am thinking that it is not the cause of the chatter.
Any suggestions? Also, where would be the best source for OEM manuals?
Thanks,
Kevin H.

That is the Primary Chain rattling, it will do that a lot at low rpm especially if the carberators are not synchronized correctly.
Keep the rpm up and it will not rattle as much.

Welcome to the forum............ ;)

Welcome to the CGW Forums, Kevin!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

welcome from waco texas. know u will enjoy ur wing. i orded my manuals off of google, i believe it was called manuals.com (not sure) just type honda motorcycle manuals and it should give u what u need. or u can get ur 4 posts in here and get it on this site.

Are there any Goldwing owners with a good working knowledge of their bike down in South Fort Myers in the San Carlos area? I would like to sync the carbs but don't want to invest in vac guages for just one use per year. Any bike mechs in S Ft Myers that will loan/rent their vac guages?