1st Member of 2013

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FM

Reaction score
Guess I'm the first new member of 2013. I just acquired a 1982 1100 Wing and am in the process of getting it up and running. True-blue Goldwing fans will cringe :crying: at my plans for this bike. My wife has requested I not ride on the street anymore :fiddle: but to gain a good mpg in this day of high gas prices I struck a compromise with her and she fully agreed :clapping: (surprise, surprise). I am going to “stuff” the Goldwing into the back of a sandrail tube chassis, minus the front forks that is. I’m sure I’m not the first to make a “trike” like this. Crazy :doh:huh? Cheap, fun, good mpg, plus I can use the commuter lane to and from work, after all it will be a “motorcycle” What do you think?

Good thinking. Just bought an 82 myself - prefer two wheels though :). Planing on fundamentally changing the bike so I may upset some purists too - though I hope not.

Welcome, FM, to the forum! If it has anything to do with a GoldWing, it's good here! I've considered putting an 1100 engine into a golf cart - who knows...

Good luck with your build, and we want to see lots of pics!

Welcome to the forums.

I don't think I've seen a rail with a goldwing engine yet.
There's a guy builds a custom 3 wheel and runs a gw engine.
Haven't seen him around in a long time.

Take lots of pics!

Welcome to the CGW Forums, FM!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

You can't tell us what your plans are, and not show us pics! At least pics of both parts BEFORE! :beg: :good: :mrgreen:

Welcome to CGW, FM. No this is pretty much a free will site as far as wings go :builder: . Only requirement here is "if you ain't got a picture of it, it didn't happen." :Egyptian: :smilie_happy: Good luck with your build.

I hope you noticed a theme here....Welcome and Pictures....

I think what you're doing is interesting...don't forget to install and trailer hitch...=)