2010 Interstate? I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"radical Fury equipped with all the necessities any long-distance touring enthusiast could ask for?"

Long distance touring?
Did you see that seat? I don't think so.

I'd love to hear what it sounds like.

Is that what the Interstate is for real ??? the Goldwing is now a V twin ??? I have owned a lot of bikes, but I just don't like a V twin , of anykind.

No the goldwing is not,or ever will be a Vtwin.

Honda just throws the badging around abit.I believe they used the interstate name on the touring Valkerie as well as an early V-twin silverwing at one time.Nothing to be alarmed over.

That hybrid sure is an ugly bike though.

I'm comfortable with a V-Twin, but I've always cringed at the "Arlen Ness" look. You know, that kinda sleek, way out there, futuristic design.

I've only just discovered the greatness of these old pancakes. Hmmmm, not sure I'd go all out for one of the newer ones anyways. I'm get'n to like my 82, and I'm really excited about my new 83. An imitation Harley just doesn't peak my interest. I don't see the point.

scdmarx":40j02y3t said:
An imitation Harley just doesn't peak my interest. I don't see the point.

I'm confused :?: :nea: :nea: :nea:
If that Interstate is an imitation Harley and a Harley is an imitation motorcycle, where will it all end??? :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

thewhiterhino":29fxl7fe said:
scdmarx":29fxl7fe said:
An imitation Harley just doesn't peak my interest. I don't see the point.

I'm confused :?: :nea: :nea: :nea:
If that Interstate is an imitation Harley and a Harley is an imitation motorcycle, where will it all end??? :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:
Ross, I couldn't agree more!! :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

Well, my two old Hondas -- a 1982 CB900C Custom and an '83 Goldwing Interstate -- average c. 28 years old, and neither is a two-cylinder (both are Fours, in-line or boxer/opposing), let alone a V-Twin.
That said, I'm inclined to give Honda the benefit of the doubt here just because I ride two old Hondas. I mean, quickly, name the 25-30-year-old Harleys you know that are everyday riders for someone. The ones I see are priced for big bucks because they're rare. My two are mine because they aren't rare, and therefore were inexpensive!
Thus, I trust that Honda's V-Twins are at least as good, and probably better, than anyone else's V-Twins -- though I doubt you'd get an H-D 'Kool-Aid Kid' to agree.
Of course, you can always just buy a Goldwing.

whaat.gif
eyepoke.gif
scared001.gif

A bad use of the name "Interstate", iffin ya ax me. Kinda kills the heritage of the ones that came before... :nea:
At least they didn't tag it with "Goldwing", too....

Yea, I see your point but THAT interstate is not OUR interstate. They borrowed the name "interstate and pit it on a Satelite model, added a windshield, floorboards and side bags and ....Whala! A new model. The real "Gold Wing", while now being a little less than a cross between a space shuttle & a nuclear plant control room is still somewwhat, what it was,......but newer, bigger & cost as much as a house.

they took a fury and a harley chopper style.. ( 2010 models) and tried to recreate the run to New Mexico.. Easy Rider style... from LA .. they got as far as Arizona... not even past Winslow .. and said "lets say we did and don't tell we didn't" it was killing them to ride these chopper styles on a cruise.. I think it was motorcyclist.. but not sure..

I went to the local Honda shop and saw the new bikes........ they have like 3 different models of this V - Twin bike .
I really didn't like it much , I'm almost 6'6" and these bikes are too Low for me. and I have never liked the sound of a 2 cyl. motor anyway. ... back in the late 60's and early 70's I had several ( Old School ) choppers , Harley 16" rim laced to a 750 Honda hub , 16" over Tubes , and even a couple of wore out Springers , but that was back when looking COOL was far more important than the , Ride , or Handling , or Stopping , and an 18 year old can still walk after a Long 30 mile ride on a Hard Tail Frame. . . . . :smilie_happy:

I got me a V-Twin...2003 Victory. After putting 1500 miles on it, I got back on the goldwing for a spin. I didn't realize how smooth I have that thing running until after I've been off it for a week. It is just toooooooo smoooooooooooooooth. My road king mufflers I have on it sound awfully quiet too.