2016 vintage show at Le May Museum

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deanbw

Reaction score
Went to the vintage show again this year, took two bikes this time (had my brother ride one, too hard to shift two at a time). My '86XL600R (pictured to right of the wing) and my '86 aspy. I wondered how many people would be there this year because it was the same day as the Good Guys car show at Puyallup fairgrounds, the torchlight parade in Seattle and the country music festival at the Gorge in George "Water shed". Well, to be frank, it was pretty thin, I bet if each person there was to sit on a bike there would have been bikes left over, and to make matters worse, I bet there were 2/3 the bikes from the year before. That said it was still fun though, I found it interesting that more interest was shown to the XL than was to the Aspy, maybe people see wings all the time, or maybe they like the red,white and blue colors of the XL. The Combat Vetrans (vietnam) International had quite an interest in the wing. The one guy was explaining everything to his buddies, I like how much the one guy is intrigued by the intercom control,(it's the one that you hold in your hand with the intr com/cb button, volume control and little flashlight in it. In the picture you see he is looking to see how it plugs into the bottom of the left side armrest bag.

vintage show2016 1a.jpg

vintage show 2016 4a.jpg

vintage show 2016 3a.jpg

Both bikes look great and the weather looked perfect. :good:
Maybe their were more dirt bikers than road cruisers in the crowd. :yes: