83 wiring diagram, unused fuses location.

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

89-300ce

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello,

On the 83 wiring diagram it shows 3 fuses with unused spare connectors near the headlight. Anyone know where these are located?

Thanks
Jorg

Attachments

• Fuses.jpg
    Fuses.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 137
I believe you'll find those fuses in the fairing, on the left("driver") side, under the storage bin. Take the 4 screws out of the storage bin and lift it out of the fairing...the fuses are in white(prolly yellowed by now) fuse holders, but not attached to anything solid...just hanging loose in the wiring harness. :good:

Actually they are located just behind the left turn signal housing, remove it and you should be looking right at them.

What are they for? They are the 3 fuses required to power the OEM Clarion radio systems.

I had always assumed they were for the OE stereo. My '81 has those fuses a little farther back in the fairing, but you could certainly still get to them from the turn signal. No matter...they are in the general vicinity... :good:

Poking around in the fairing I'm really surprised at the amount of wasted space. I would have thought they could incorporate some glasses cases or additional glove boxes. etc, in all that space.

Since I'm probably going to use an Ipod to feed my radio anyway I am thinking of deleting the radio a PO installed altogehter and replacing it with a tiny "T" amp. Then I can convert the stereo holder into another glovebox.

Jorg

Latest posts