About timeing belts

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpwinger

Reaction score
I need to change my timeing belts too. Which Brand should I buy Auto Zone Has ( Goodyear )I think and Napa has (gates ) The gates are about $10.00 more than Goodyear. Any experience on these brands. I think I will Stay away from on-line Co's or ?????

AutoZone # is Gator Back #40274 20.99 Ea. Napa # 250274 26.77 and Gates # T274 Napa said there were made by Gates. Big difference in price.

I eBay'ed my pair last year and made sure I got Gates as I always had good luck with Gates belts on my Ssnowmoblies. Maybe not a good reason to stick with Gates for a bike application but so far they have been fine. I think it was $50 for the pair including shipping to Canada. Thought that was OK.

Oh, it gets better. $22 at NAPA is my kind of price. Now if I can get a 15% senior discount along with the airline discount the veterans discount it may pay to put 'em on my bike. Anybody want to come over and install them for me. :Egyptian:

I just called my NAPA store and the price for the gates belts is $22.49 EACH not for the pair. So that would be $44.98 for the pair. My dreams of discount heaven just collapsed. The Cascade deal appears to be $30 for the pair and free shipping in addition to the State tax by-pass which brings the price to 48.80, that's a $18.80 savings. or in other words for me something like a 38% savings waiting a few days for shipping. Oh, decisions, decisions. :head bang:

Just sent an e-mail to Cascade to clear this up. It DOES appear that the $30 price is for the pair of belts but now I'm not sure so I sent the e-mail. Maybe they will reply by tomorrow and if that's the full price I will order from them. Never dealt with Cascade before.

Thanks Bob, they are the only one I saw at that price. Will likely order as soon as they return my e-mail. 30 for delivery in 4-5 days is better than almost 49 to have them tomorrow. Got the carbs off for rebuilding anyway and it will be next week before I'm ready to button everything up. While I'm in a polishing frenzy may as well get the belts and polish that very ugly cover.

Got an email reply from Cascade. The price for two timing belts (Gates) is $30 bones with free shipping. Ordered mine tonight. have my carbs off and crappy weather expected this weekend so I'll just do it all between now and first of next week. (provided the belts get here, he mentioned he was having problem getting product out of warehouse).

https://cascadecycle.com/newhondaparts.htm

so it might be worth your while to pay the diffrence and go to napa. all depends on how bad you want to ride :moped: :moped:

Got several rides, spend most of my time on a CX650C. Besides, I won't be ready to do the belts until early next week anyway so may as well see what he says about time.

Latest posts