Adding ABS Brakes

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ABS brakes are good as intended. There is no substitute for proper emergency braking technique and application, ABS or otherwise. ABS with poor technique and skill set does not make up for good technique and skill set with non-ABS. It has been proven that stopping with ABS using the same and proper stopping technique is longer than without, not by much, but still enough. Saw a video of the CHP, they are a bit off the wall riders, stopping with and without ABS engaged on the same bike, shorter without ABS. ABS used as intended is good, but most safety features such as ABS, lane departure, and such protect us from ourselves, not because we have the skill set or technique that optimizes these features - just MHO. Would rather spend the extra dollars used to get ABS on an advanced rider's course every year, better bang for my dollar.

Just my thoughts and humble opinion. Cheers

I wouldn’t recommend a BMW abs unit (Bosch) unless you guys have extremely cheap BMW parts. The GS1200r that I worked on had one replaced at 70K klms and it was a $3500 aud component which I was surprised had failed at such low Ks.

Go Here for ABS Module Repairs

https://modulemaster.com/rebuilds/

lifetime guarantee & an Industry Standard
Business .. isn't a Fred & Crow's Bayonne Shop.

BMW led the Industry in Motorcycle ABS

i prefer their 2002-2005 EVO Servo Power Assist Unit.

Fastest stopping ABS known. Very light touch.

Stock BMW units and cores can be sourced on eBay.

I'd buy a seasoned core MM Rebuild before New from BMW.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=133547#p133547:25t11k12 said:
Atticka » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:51 am[/url]":25t11k12]
Love the purists here, don't ever change guys.

So, let's get back on track.... if I wanted to add ABS to a classic Goldwing, how do you think it should be done?
with a lot of time and money

Latest posts