aftermarket exhaust

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mac is known to stand for Make Another Choice. If they haven't improved their chroming process their pipes have been known to rust out quickly. I prefer the Jardines pipes.

image.php

ok so my guess on the size was off by a little

it look to me like that hole was made by the bike built up gas popping in the exhaust and not rust... I had an issue not to long back that one cylinder on the right side was not getting any fire so my guess is that's the culprite

found some used from a sportster on ebay but they measure out to allot shorter than stock.. is there some specific years to look at that cross over and bolt onto the stock manifolds without modifications?

I don't know of any that are direct fit replacements although there may be. All that have posted using Harley mufflers or others that I've read have used adapter pipes to get the sizes matched up. This can also add the length you desire.

I used the gl headers, harley mufflers and had an local muffler shop make up pipe to connect the two. works well and slightly louder than stock but still quiet.
dave

Jardine slip ons showed up only downside new gaskets have not shipped so the one is just hanging there to see how it looks ... jury still out on my end on looks but was stuck

Attachments

• 20140718_174800.jpg
    20140718_174800.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 166
  • 20140718_174749.jpg
    20140718_174749.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 166