And on a personal note...

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AApple

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1981 GL1100 Innerstate("The Turd")SOLD!!, 1996 GL1500 Innerstate
After being in the automotive repair business for well over 30 years, I finally went and got my ASE(Automotive Service Excellence) Certification! :music:
I took the tests last month, and got confirmation today that I had passed the tests. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: I am now oh-fish-shul-lee ASE Certified. Out of 102 questions on trannys, I missed 5. :Doh2: :rtfm:
Now, if I could only turn this into more $$$ on payday, it might actually mean something!! :smilie_happy: :mrgreen: :smilie_happy:

AApple":3cs7y0zn said:
After being in the automotive repair business for well over 30 years, I finally went and got my ASE(Automotive Service Excellence) Certification! :music:
I took the tests last month, and got confirmation today that I had passed the tests. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: I am now oh-fish-shul-lee ASE Certified. Out of 102 questions on trannys, I missed 5. :Doh2: :rtfm:
Now, if I could only turn this into more $$$ on payday, it might actually mean something!! :smilie_happy: :mrgreen: :smilie_happy:

Congrats Joel!!

I only hope those weren't THE 5 most important questions! :smilie_happy:

Seriously though, well done. Must feel good.

That's great! And a darn fine score, too!

I know the feeling. CMAT, L1, X1 here. My worst test was auto trans. I just made it by one question. :oops:

Why'd you wait 30 years? After 25+ I've started to let mine expire. CA says I need to maintain A6,A8,L1 to keep my emission license, though.

Anyways, I'm glad to hear you accomplished what you set out to do. And at your age! :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

congrats apple ......30yrs experience .......a peice of paper........ umm......... ill listen to the 30yrs of experience first......whats the @##@@##$$%%^&&^^**&&^^world is this country @@#$%^%^$$$^^^%$##%^*(** :builder: :builder: :builder: :rtfm: :rtfm: :sensored: :sensored: :mrgreen:

scdmarx":o7k3yz3d said:
And at your age!

I was thinking the same thing!

Wouldn't the tests have been A LOT easier at a MUCH earlier age :smilie_happy: :lazy:

Congrats :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: Ive seen some of those tests... There pretty tuff, I hate those mechanic A mechanic B questions :Awe: :lol:

Congratulations

Attachments

• applause5gif2.gif
    applause5gif2.gif
    5 KB · Views: 192
Tanx, fellers!
The "test score" sheet stated in really small print that "Some questions are for research purposes, and have no bearing on the final score"....
WHAT?!?!? :eek: I guess that explains the questions that just absolutely have NO "correct" answer....there were a few of those. It wouldn't matter what you answered, A-B-C or D, it would be wrong! :smilie_happy:
I waited so long because I didn't wanna pay for taking the tests....is that so wrong? :mrgreen:
I've got a ton of Certification Certificates for transmissions, and electrical diagnosis. I also used to be certified/licensed for State Emission Inspector, HVAC, alignment/suspension/brake, and engine performance....that was MANY moons ago . I let all of those expire when I got into transmissions exclusively. This was my first try at ASE cert. Now the shop owner can feel better about lying to all the customers about us being ASE Certified Technicians, as he has been for the past 15 years! :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

Congrats, what kind of Cars ???? or just general ??? I started to take the Cummins Cert. test years ago.......but never did........ it can make a big difference in your paycheck , in some cases.

sledge":rvkdei73 said:
Congrats, what kind of Cars ???? or just general ??? I started to take the Cummins Cert. test years ago.......but never did........ it can make a big difference in your paycheck , in some cases.

I do all automotive and light truck stuff. No specific brand...they all got trannys in them! :mrgreen: My first "real" job in the auto business was at a Toyota dealership, back in the late '70s...what an eye-opener for a smart-arsed kid still fresh outta high skool... :shock:

congrats Joel on the Cert.... I went back and got my BS after 33 years being out of school.. so to those who talk about age.. :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky: and now you have made your boss a upright business person... and I would let him know he was not so until recently and a lil extra in the check would be appreciated.. for gratitude in making him a standard of the community!! :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

I know what you mean , my first Real job was a Mechanic , for a VW dealership, then next was a Fiat Dealership....... my first day there ( 1969 ) I didn't even Own a Metric wrench... :smilie_happy:

Congrats. My dad and uncle have been wrenching for over 35 yrs themselves and keep letting the ASE certs lapse, mainly due to cost and no extra pay once they do get them. I spent a year at a Ford dealership before I decided that I didn't want to work on automobiles for a living, but as a hobby. That's when I went back to school to get my nursing license. The thing is I had only been out of school for 5 yrs when I went back.

I couldn't wait 30 yrs, if so I'd to have to had started in the womb. I haven't made it to 30 yet. :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Hi,
I can draw some parallels to that. After 30 years in the Auto biz. I took the big test and found I could make a living doing something that I sort of enjoyed. Now I do broadcast installations. I keep my hands clean, don't have to deal with pissed off people and make better money.
Good luck,
Greg