another newbie

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

transitman

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi good people, I am a newbie here, from Chester UK, actually a little village 6 miles away but who cares. My main job is building a trike from scratch as I am too cheap to get a kit. Been at it 2 years now, and if you asked me how I was getting on last year I would have said 2 years to go. Ask me know and the answers the same. I am 70 this year, somewhat disabled but not that you'd notice and my other job is making stuff for disabled people who would otherwise go without. Now that is a real job. Also in a past life I did 22 years in the RAF.

My trike build is documented on the NGW site under, strangely enough, 'building a trike', sorry I didn't come here first but I didn't know of you until today. My background is engineering but I am a bit light on engines, specifically Goldwing engines.

Current state of play is that the engine is hanging from the hoist whilst I contemplate painting it black, and the more or less completed frame is stuck in the corner of my tiny garage. Loads to do yet, haven't even thought about the rewiring job, and even my best friends like to turn on the light switch before I get to it. If you are interested I will learn how to post pictures, but don't ask just to be polite. Don't want to bore you.

Looking forward to getting to know you.

Welcome to the site from across the Pond in New Jersey! :clapping:

We will help with anything you need! Engines are a good topic! Hang in there, you will get this project done and YES we like pics of anything (and everything!)

If you would like to start a new thread on the build, we would love to follow the progress here too!

Welcome from Idaho!! Sounds like a fun project with that trike! It'd be great to see pictures if you had a few lying around. :) Welcome again!

Welcome from North TEXAS DFW area... great would like to see the current state of progress.. we like pictures.. and painting the engine black has interest.. try and find a high temperature and gas resistant paint to use.. hate for you to get it lining good and then Petrol leak ruins the look

thank you for the welcome, you are very kind. I will start a post soon summarising the build to date, that would be good for me as what went on 2 years ago is probably forgotten. Actually no probability about it.

Welcome from Oz and good luck with jump starting your project again :yes:

Welcome to the best classic Goldwings forum.

image.php

Greetings from the Sunshine State.

Live long and prosper. God bless you.

Hey, Charlie,
Just got to see some pics of the model A and T bucket. I am a total car nut. Where do I go?

and thanks for the welcome, I am looking forward to lots more posts. Got a lot to do so that's a given.