Anyone been to Baja lately?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scdmarx

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1982 Standard
Looking for a cheap place to retire. Was wondering what it's like around Cabo San Lucas or LaPaz? Or something not too far from the water. I personally haven't been any further than Ensenada and I know I don't want to do that.
:fishin:

I made it to San Lucas but that was.......gees over 25 years now. Bet it hasn't changed one bit.

I was so much younger then but I could see how the place might have appeal for retiring.
Cheap enough.

dan filipi":14vdjh2a said:
I made it to San Lucas but that was.......gees over 25 years now. Bet it hasn't changed one bit.

I was so much younger then but I could see how the place might have appeal for retiring.
Cheap enough.
The whole world has changed in 25 years.
I went to Crete in 1974. Then I could enjoy a steak and lobster, bread basket included, drink separate, at a sidewalk cafe on the beach strand for $2 American. Now I see pictures of the place and I don't recognize it. Big time tourist industry.
When I google for real estate in San Lucas all I come up with is million dollar gringo mansions or vacation rentals. I was just wondering what it would be like trying to get along in servants quarters on a low fixed income. Or would I be just as well off sleeping under a bridge here.

If your looking at the gringo palaces and tourist traps your not seeing Mexico the way it really is.
Some of the living conditions off the beaten path aren't much better than sleeping under a bridge.