are all 1200's running perfect?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never went to that much trouble, :nea: put the charge & maintain chargers on the bikes about once every month to six weeks for a day or two or till i remember to move them. :hihihi: Then do it again & those A G M's last at least seven, to ten years, they are tough battery's, well worth the extra money over regular M C battery's. :good:

To each their own.

I have an Odyssey PC680 on the bench that I purchased new less than 2 years. I replaced it with a lead-acid battery a year later because the Odyssey wouldn't hold enough charge to reliably start the 1200. I had to push start the 1200 one too many times with that battery on the bike.

I know other people have had good luck with the Odyssey, but not me. :fiddle:

Always wondered about those & if they were worth the Even more money? :headscratch: Did you ask about a pro rated replacement? :shock: As some A G M's have lasted ten years, & others only seven, guess ANY of them can vary as far as one to the next, & seven years is pretty good for a short lived battery! :smilie_happy:

Every time I look at an AGM, I get scared away by the price, but the next one I get will be an AGM for the 1200. I am tired of the acid screwing up the chrome on the exhaust.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=159597#p159597:bopdz7ow said:
brianinpa » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:29 am[/url]":bopdz7ow]
Every time I look at an AGM, I get scared away by the price, but the next one I get will be an AGM for the 1200. I am tired of the acid screwing up the chrome on the exhaust.
I have been having good success with the cheaper ones Brian :good:

The Deka's are a good value when compared to the regular m c battery's, :good: not a lot more than the lead acid boil dry ones. :yes: