• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Gold Wing and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Asking for help with some pieces for my 1200.

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plskthompson1

Reaction score
All right folks, here's the deal, after picking up my 1200 from AspectOne & AspectTwo, a couple on another forum, a couple of weeks ago, the boss finally got to go for a ride with me last week and has said she's not going again until I fix the trunk. I didn't realize anything was wrong with it, but to appease her, I removed the trunk yesterday and found that it was cracked beyond repair.

I don't have a lot of money, so I'm trying to do this on the cheap. I'm asking if anyone would be willing to donate at least the trunk base and brace so I could get this fixed, and make momma happy. And everyone knows, if momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

I'm not above paying for one, just extremely broke at the moment. I am however willing to pay, it just can't be a lot.

Someones already tried to repair this one with fiberglass and body filler. There is no hope what so ever on this one. Thanks for the offer though.

I have seen them repaired with steel suports,then opoxy,seems as though thats a common isue with 1200s.
Just curios,did you get rid of the one that came on phoenix?

There not cheap,Ive looked a few times on EBAY,

No I didn't get rid of it, but when I started changing everything over to it from the one that is broke, I noticed that the areas for the locks had been filled in with body filler, so it's a bust as well.

plskthompson1":1jp0dwq3 said:
Someones already tried to repair this one with fiberglass and body filler. There is no hope what so ever on this one. Thanks for the offer though.

Hello I also had my trunk on my 1200 busted to what I thought was beyond repair however with that said some fiberglass is what I belived would work but it did not. I ended up using abs pipe and glue. It worked very well. I cut the pipe into long slivers and was able to repair the area where the hinge bolts to and shape it with my drimel and drill it out for the bolts. It is now as strong and works very very well. I did the same for the bolt holes at the bottom of the trunk where it fastens to the rail. Black abs sewer pipe and abs glue and a drimil will fix any abs body parts like new. I will post a pic soon of my repairs.

Find a cheap rack with a backrest for Momma. That'll give you time to save/ search out a replacement. :good:

Sorry I haven't updated in a while, but I completely forgot about this thread. I found a decent trunk for her. It has a few cracks, but nothing to the extent of the original. Thanks.

Latest posts