Back after a long break

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldhondajamie

Reaction score
Hi y'all i'm back after a year long break with a new project, I have aquired an 82 aspencade 20,300 miles been sitting in a garage for 13 years. Carbs were rebuilt 7 years ago and never installed into the bike, This bike belonged to my landlords father who recently passed away. He asked if i could resurect the wing and in exchange for making the wing roadworthy i will receive the 83 honda v65 magna with 13600 miles in near mint condition that was parked beside the wing for 11 years. I will be doing the wing first just to be fair to the owner. Timing belts tires and all fluids flushed is first on the list. Then will see if the carbs are usable as is, hope the rebuild is still in good condition.

I would do that deal too, Pics of the V65 when you can, always loved that bike..something about a cam oil problem as I recall, probably been shorted out on later models.

Ok we have the 82 wing home and its an Interstate not the Aspencade I thought it was. 28400 miles it turns over and builds oil pressure, but only have spark on 2 and 4.

Very nice! auctioneeral has just gone through troubleshooting his ignition. Might want to read up there.

Ok ive narrowed the spark issue down to the coil or the spark control box, is there any way to test either? also the rear brake pedal is locked up, it wont move, strange thing is so is the rear brake on the Magna that was sitting in the same garage.

Not sure how to test with a meter. For some reason rear brake on bikes tend to lock up if they sit too long. Make or model doesn't seem to make a difference.

Got the brakes sorted out tonight, Rear brake line was plugged up with sludged up brake fluid acted like the pedal was locked up, pulled the caliber removed the pistons cleaned them up re assembled and installed, flushed all the lines and now working like new. Did same to the front calibers, removed the master cylinder and disassembled, went rather easy, just needed a good cleaning. Put all back together and now working as good as the rear brake. Not to bad for an evening with the wing.

Today i'm going to switch the wires on the spark ignitors to see if the no spark condition follows the wires, that will tell me if the spark ignitor is good or bad. If the i have spark on the 2-3 side then the ignitor is bad and the coil is good, if still no spark then it should be the coil.