Carb Heat

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charles franz

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been playing around with a cage O2 senser, These puppies go to 600 degrees, My plan is to reduce the voltage back to where I can get about 200-250 degrees and install it in a socket thermal well under the primary on the weber carb, The senser pulls 7 amps at 600 degrees, Hopefully I can get it down to 3-4 amps, Any thoughts here? Thanks Charlie

This I have to keep up on. I really have no clue what you are doing here. Are you planning to reverse it's purpose and use it as a heat source? Interesting concept.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=151835#p151835:33hqj8ll said:
zman » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:56 am[/url]":33hqj8ll]
I always thought they could take the heat..didn't know they can produce it.
I'm not sure they can.

All multiwire o2's are heated to help emissions,but how hot they get is the question

They heat to get the computer into loop faster. Rather than waiting for the exhaust to do it. Not sure if they were meant for continuous duty, or extended duty, but you would think they could take the heat.

They only have a tiny heating element so I don't believe that you will heat up any great volume of fuel charge unfortunately :(

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=151912#p151912:1n0n810i said:
charles franz » 2 minutes ago[/url]":1n0n810i]
Never mind this post, Thanks Charlie
Why? Nothing wrong with posting ideas and trying different things :salute:

I've been messing with a grid heater. At full power (12 amps), it works great, but the charging system can't handle it. Have to keep it below 6 amps or so to avoid draining the battery (used a PWM from Ebay). Swapped out to an HID headlight (35w) and replaced brake lights with LEDs. Gained a few more watts, but now the dash "bulb out" indicator is on all of the time.

Mike

Latest posts