CARBURETOR FUEL QUESTION

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok the 80-81 ignition set up has to be the most weak set up of all oldwings id say ....the 82 1100 wings and 83 had a resistor cause the 80-81 1100s had so many problems with heat ....hondaman .com is the place to go if want some real help on the stock ignition set ups by honda ..as to right them from there poor design

Just so you know the 80-81 has different Ohm coils then the 82-83 but all years have 2 ignitors. The 82-83 has a resistor because the resistance of the coil changed to keep spark igniters from overheating.
All coils interchange but if you use the 82-83 on a 80-81 you need to use the resistor so the coils ohm out the same as the 80-81, 82-83 coils on a 80-81 can be considered an upgrade with the use of the resistor the igniters will run cooler.

Ok I have not changed anything items or anything. Execpt pulled all plugs.
I have cut the bk/w wire which is joining 2 spark units and coils. I have 13v going to coils spark units and Still no spark. I have a jumper wire 12v from battery to spark units and to coil and no spark but 13 volts on all the items.
So doing the above I did away with key switch,kill switch.
So I thinking now that its the pulsar.
I have tested wires from pulsar plug motor side to spark units and no breaks in wiring.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=159222#p159222:ecif2kdb said:
zman » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:32 pm[/url]":ecif2kdb]
Just so you know the 80-81 has different Ohm coils then the 82-83 but all years have 2 ignitors. The 82-83 has a resistor because the resistance of the coil changed to keep spark igniters from overheating.
All coils interchange but if you use the 82-83 on a 80-81 you need to use the resistor so the coils ohm out the same as the 80-81, 82-83 coils on a 80-81 can be considered an upgrade with the use of the resistor the igniters will run cooler.
+1 :good:

Ok after close looking at 4 carb rack I think I found problem with running real rich.
The 4 slow idle jets small hole all measure different diameters. They range from 22.5,27.0 29.5,31.5 inch. That was by using jewelers drill bits and then measuring diameter of the bit.
I know the jets are #35,. Do they consider that #35 inside center hole diameter of jet. What is the true inside center hole diameter suppose to be.

I need to locate my bits. I really don't have any idea what the sizes should be. But I think all of them are supposed to be the same.

The jets aren't actually measured by size they measure them by flow so drill size would not be correct unless you are using mikuni/keihin drill bits that are measured by flow size. It does sound like you have some variations there.

Ok guy's. Call me screwy or nuts....
But I worked on the honda carbs and reinstalled them.
And guess what no smoke no running rich. The thing runs like a great running motor.
I'm very happy with it now. I did sync. carbs but would like to find somebody to check them out.
Took it down road and runs great.
You ask what did I do to fix rich running.
Installed 4 brand new slow idle jets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdda5PqB3C0

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdda5PqB3C0[/video]

I'm very happy with it now. I did sync. carbs but would like to find somebody to check them out.

That certainly sounds better! I would be glad to take a look at the sync! I actually have a motorcycle run in the morning down in Hammonton. What is your afternoon looking like?

accelerator pump I have fuel spraying out on the outside of the carb body where that long rubber pc. slides over accelerator shaft.

Attachments

• 20150926_111937.jpg
    20150926_111937.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 79
  • 20150926_111941.jpg
    20150926_111941.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 81
I'm trying to figure out why 2 pics of the same part were uploaded :headscratch:

I don't think that boot seals gas. Well maybe it could some but leaking gas I'd say bad pump diaphragm or maybe not lined up good on the cover.