CGW Midwest MEET AUGUST 31st to Sept 2nd

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nobody is more upset than I am because I like beer too...even if it's just two or three I still like it....Three of the best wrenches I know are there too..shoot..

Joe's running me to the airport soon.

Got some good pictures and videos of the meet but I'm going to splice it all together so it'll be a few days before I post them.

I had a great time and met some amazing people, both friendly and knowledgeable. Another days stay would be nice but I miss my wife and kids and I still have that work thing.

littlebeaver":29steusv said:
Now you know I'm mad..Shit....I should have gone... :beer: When I get drunk I start singing lumberjack songs and such..it's kinda funny.. :clapping: :clapping:
i should have gone also but was way behind on chores after being in frackville the week before. glad everyone had a great time and a minimum of problems

Got home at 3:15 safe and sound. After are unplaned extended stay. Thanks Joe and Patty. Had a great time even with the bad weather. Glad to have met in person Joe (the 2nd time) Patty, Dan, slab and Hanny, Bill and Gerry. Sharon had a great time with Patty and Hanny. How the the wine flowed. The music was great!!!!!! And How the beer flowed!!!!!!! Pizza, burger's and dog's and Hanny's amazing Bavarian goulash were out of this world. Had fun with (free rides in the sidecar). The Doghouse is a CGW's dream. And I though I had parts!!!!!! NOT. Sure wish the bad weather had not put a damper on meet. Hopeing to meet a lot of other people. Joe's place was a perfect place for it. Thanks to all. Jerry and Sharon. Got to unpack sidecar and trailer!!!!!!

oops. Forgot Dan's breakfast. Dining with everone having breakfast food in the afternoon was great.And shoping with Patty and Shoron was a blast!!!!!

its not going to good yet ...my son is jonas and pattys father is helping us bigtime ...we got it out last night late ...looks like its been welded...and has ceacked againg in the the bell housing ...to late to realy see it good last night going over in a today to look again ...and find somw one who can weld id it ....its being a monster so far...

Otay...whad I miss here???? Someone loose a flywheel on a Winnybagel??? And the tranny is cracked? What the heck wuz youse guys doin up there durin this little soiree?? :shock:
:popcorn:

well joel its a long story over the 450 miles to the meet and greet ...looks like a brace came loose and cause severe presure on the bell housing hich cracked and then the fex plate flexed for the last time and broke at mounting bolts on torque converter ....ring gear and all on converter for starter ...so when broke the starter wouldnt even turn the motor...rather cheap looking peice to do the pulling of this bagel box ....seems like there sould have been a brace on the starter side of tranny to go with the other side ...maybe someone in past left it off trying to find out ...its been rough so far getting things line up to go back together :builder: :rant: :cheeky: :sensored: :help: :hihihi:

AApple":25jb2fiv said:
Otay...whad I miss here???? Someone loose a flywheel on a Winnybagel??? And the tranny is cracked? What the heck wuz youse guys doin up there durin this little soiree?? :shock:
:popcorn:
Wish the darn thing had a flywheel. The ring gear for the starter is built onto the torque converter. There is just a thin flimsy plate connecting the crank to the torque converter. It's called a spring plate. Hard to believe there is actually anything this flimsy in the drive train of this heavy beast. Like jamming a tiny fuse in a high load circuit. :rant:

Ah HA! Must be a Chrysler! Actually, the "flex plate" is pretty stout. Chryslers have had that set-up for years and years. Rarely see them actually break/crack, but it do happen. BUT....Chances are, and I'm only speaking from experience, since I haven't actually seen your rig, but it was prolly the trans that broke first, and that's what trashed the flex plate. And yeah, there should be two braces running from the engine to the lower front sides of the trans bellhousing, and that may be why the bellhousing cracked.
At any rate, it sux a big fat one that this happened on your "Dan and V's most Excellent Adventure". I bet Joe will have ya fixed up in good time.... :good:

Yeah I had a 1 ton dodge van with a 400 and I seem to remember at least one external brace.
I'd be trusting Joel on this one, he da man when it comes to transmissions. I've been bending his ear for advise at least 2 years.

Originally would have had two...someone left the one on the starter side off at some point, because it's kinda in the way of the starter, if ya need to remove/replace it.
Another super idea Chrysler had was putting one of the bellhousing bolts behind the friggin oil filter.... :rant: