Change of devotions.

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Mantle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Over the last few years - 10+ at least - I have spent my time and energy between the Honda CX and Goldwing range. I can not afford to devote both my emotion and cash on both so I have made the decision to concentrate on the WING . The wing is capable of satisfying my need for both commuting and touring better than the CX. Since both machines use give similar MPG at my normal touring speed the Wing wins hands down because the comfort and luggage ability are second to none.
If any member wishes to buy a shedload of spares for a CX and this includes an almost complete machine and shit load of spares - please UK only because the cost for shipping would be prohibitive - then look on Ebay for baldgrimsbybiker

Can't argue with your reasoning David. I thought about a CX for awhile but decided not big enough to move my bulk easily.

Do not under sell the CXs,there very capable machines.
I am 300lbs and rode a 400F 1000 miles to the AMA Vintage Bike Days last year by choice.

Just saying I love my GOLDWING and wouldnt be with out it,but it does not fill all my needs.
Its the bike I use to travel and for two up.I will ride it to North Carolina in august and Minnisota in a week,but I enjoy the 900F for the power and sport and ride it to the local bike nights.My 400F wins me trophys at the shows and is super light and nimble to ride,the 500 cafe is my favorite beater bike when want to just quick go with out wiping bugs or dusting off the paint or chrome,or if the roads are wet,and the 400 HAWK fills that need to wrench and now serves as a great father son project.
If I could only have one bike,I do not know what it would be.Maybe a FJ1200,or concours 1000?

Attachments

• bikes 004.JPG
    bikes 004.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 93
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=82340#p82340:2tc519tp said:
Tory » Sat May 25, 2013 7:20 pm[/url]":2tc519tp]Sorry,
But if it helps you feel better,I was just drueling over the PICs of your new girlfriend :mrgreen: .Very nice!!
:thank_you: Not bad for 4K.

~O~

Latest posts