Changing all lights to led

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MY bad, thought i read something abut that yesterday but looked again and didn't find it. Have to be patient with me. For the first time i've decided i was going to do all the work on this bike instead of always having mechanics fixing things for me. Never had problems working on cars and trucks but never tackled bikes before. Thought it would be a challenge and it turns out it's not that bad, just want to make sure i do the right things.

Hey no prob...I had to have a young friend come over on Sat. to help even get the damn turn sigs to work at all with this new renovation and another wiring harness. I retired from the mechanic trade and yet I was buffaloed....got it though and all I had to do is buy my friend dinner at the Cuchillo cafe...nice homemade blue corn tortillas and perfect red chile sauce....not a bad deal since I had the same dinner! :eek:k:
Brian

Well the led's are in. New flasher. Signals works fine. Hooked up new tail lights on hard cases, looks great. Now need to get led's for those. All in all, pretty good day. What project to tackle now. lol! Thank for all your help again!!

I would stay away from show chrome brand. I had them for mytail/stop lights, and they weren't brite at all. On top of that, they onlylasted two years. So I recomend spending the money for quality led's. Don't forget an electronic flasher , or your signals might not work.

quenncc If your turn and brake/tail lights are one in the same bulb, you have to get what is called a light balancer. It just installs in line with your new led bulb and makes them work correctly. The reason being for the balancer is... your turn brake/ tail light operates off of two different filaments inside your old bulb, since the led does not have different elements it can't distinguish the difference. The balancer reads this and makes the led work properly. You can pick these up at your local Auto Zone store along with the led lights. Sorry if I've confused anyone.

I'm having no issues with my signal lights and tail lights. Everything is fine. The rear lights that i hooked up are just running lights and the LED's work fine. All i've changed were the original bulbs with LED's and changed the flasher to electronic flasher. The only lights i never changed were the rear signal lights since they're not continuous running lights and only get used for signalling. So there's no point in replacing them since they're really not drawing any power. As for this light balancer. Don't seem to need one since everything is fine with the new led's and electronic flasher.