Cheap replacement speaker warning!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omega Man

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I've mentioned these in the past, Walmart/all weather/3-way/$25-$29/say "VR3" on tweeters. Well the cones have completely separated form the outer foam ring.

Stay away form these. I know at least two other members here have these, but I forget who, seen'em in red like mine and blue(other member here).

~O~

:doh: ouch!
I bought the ones I have at Pep Gurls, Sonys, on sale for $19.99. They won't handle a lot of volume, but I can hear it just fine going down the road @ 80mph. I don't listen to a lot of music anyway, except on the ride home, when the Texas Blues program is on.
It's hard to find small size speakers that will stand up to amps, rain, sun, or Jimi Hendrix! :music2: :music2:

AApple":1i0hea6c said:
:doh:It's hard to find small size speakers that will stand up to amps, rain, sun, or Jimi Hendrix! :music2: :music2:
Marine supply centers like West Marine carry 4" speakers that are waterproof and can handle up to 100 watts!

The speakers might of been ok Omega its just the volume might not be! :whip:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=38328#p38328:37n879ja said:
sheridat » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:59 am[/url]":37n879ja]
Hi,

My limited is fitted out with fusion 4 inch speakers. They are £20 a pair - awesome.

Here is the link to the UK site - i'm sure they are available in the US.

I didn't see the website but since I am in the godd ole USA, I may have to replace mine on my trusty steed, 85 LTD. Are they called Fusion, and I would just search the size speakers or is there a dealer site in the states?

I didn't have the weather proof edition, but I did use the non-weather proof speakers and had no problem with them except they were not loud enough. :music3: Which reminds me, it might soon be time for an upgrade to my stereo system. :rocks: