Choke cable

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chewy999

Reaction score
Hi there, can anyone please help me with information on the route of the choke cable on a GL1100? I think my current one is a 'mod' as the knob is fitted just above no. 4 carb, and the cable which is about 12'' long simply passes along the back of the carbs to the lever. I want to replace it with a handlebar fitted type, so can anyone describe in detail, or download some photos, the route it shoukld take, and say how and where exactly the knob is fitted in the handlebar area.
Many thanks.

depends on what yr and modle ..83s have a bar mounted lever operated one...standands and interstae had a instrument pull type mounted next to speedo and im not sure what aspys have

Know I'm still sounding like a dohnut, but are you saying the bracket fits to the left handle bar holder? Wouldn't believe I've just stripped down the carbs! Mind you, bikes not running yet. any chance of a photo or a hyperlink?
Does anyone know a link or site that shows the correct routes of the various cables?
Thanks for the answers so far.

On both my 80 and 81 the bracket fits to the front bolt left side on the handle bar mount. Then you just route it to the carbs in the straightest way you can. I'll try to get a picture soon if someone doesn't beat me to it.

Here's a pic of the cable attachment to the carbs.

image.php

Still looking for a shot of the pull cable on the bars.