Coming Out of Retirement....<sigh>

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know, this “temporary“ gig doing contract work for Intel is getting out of hand. I have been offered and have accepted an engineering position for Mama Intel in one of the R&D labs. Considered an essential industry, I see no end in sight at least for now. This lab, out of the manufacturing grind, is exactly the sort of work I could see myself doing until I get sick, absolutely sick, of working. Astonishingly, I don’t see that happening. Didn’t expect that.

I guess that’s a good thing…?

I am retiring at the end of next week. Turning 68 next month. I still enjoy working but keeping up with the younger folks at work is starting to be a challenge. My retirement will be more of a career change as I will be doing a new job working the hours that I choose. I think that after a life time of getting up and going to work to just stop cold turkey would be tough. Also I will need a bit of an income to support my hobbies. :moped:

marcanthony1-2x.jpg

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=218171#p218171:3i2xb4xu said:
Ohara » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:40 am[/url]":3i2xb4xu]
I am retiring at the end of next week. Turning 68 next month. I still enjoy working but keeping up with the younger folks at work is starting to be a challenge. My retirement will be more of a career change as I will be doing a new job working the hours that I choose. I think that after a life time of getting up and going to work to just stop cold turkey would be tough. Also I will need a bit of an income to support my hobbies. :moped:

Good for you! I will get there. Perhaps around the timeframe you chose - assuming continued good health.

Latest posts