Cop fired for refusing quota demands

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zman

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This cop is what every cop should be like, I feel bad for him losing his job over it.
This is happening everywhere though, Counties, Cities have been and are playing loose and fast with your money and they are going after you and yours with everything they can, Quota`s,red light cameras, motor vehicle fees ,emission inspections and every tax or fee they can add to just about anything so they can keep up their irresponsible spending.
https://reason.com/reasontv/2013/07/24/h ... rities-fir

I think all police cars should be required by law to be fluorescent orange . For the cops safety of course.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=90396#p90396:gqnsszhz said:
slabghost » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:55 pm[/url]":gqnsszhz]
I think all police cars should be required by law to be fluorescent orange . For the cops safety of course.
If they want to be a deterrent then they need to be visible, stealth cars etc cannot promote road safety.

Bright orange :smilie_happy:
Just so nobody gets me wrong..I respect the police officer..The problem is the quota system..What if in a small town your not up to quota then you have to seek out the most marginal infraction, a few miles over the limit happens to the best of us once in awhile and then that wouldn't be so bad but now you have tickets that can cost hundreds with all the fees they tack on, any points on your licence can cost in insurance hikes and traffic school if your so lucky.
I just think it is something to be aware of in these times when many cities and counties are in the red and looking for ways to increase revenue.
I don't have a problem with them getting the true crazies out there.

Just another example of Public Service being run for profit, seems unreal that he had to lose his job to make a valid point.

It starts at the top. I hate getting tickets. I appreciate this officer and others with the ability to use judgement. I also appreciate people who follow orders of their superiors. I have noticed the directives to fill quotas are often driven from mayors or political figures to raise revenue, but not raise taxes. It comes when the coffers are short of supply, and therefore has nothing to do with public safety. We all drive and we all know how much speeding goes on. With our current system, if you are in the wrong place at the wrong time, you can easily get a quick pile of tickets for going just a few over the limit, while others can go years without getting one. I guess if there was consistency, we'd all drive closer to the limits. Two years ago, it was announced in early November that the police revenue was a couple million short here. There were blue and red lights everywhere. The kicker to me was getting people for having stuff hanging from their mirror. They let it go for years, then start busting people for it. I don't have anything hanging from my mirror, and I think it is a distraction, but the point is consistency.

On another note This reason TV is a political site, the video was distributed all over the web, both political sites and news organizations...I thought it was like a smoking gun or other such site.. Although I have my political affiliations I in no way endorse the site this video is linked to.

Latest posts