couple 1200 mutts getting doghouse resurection - Enter Jyd

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
few pics
image.php

water pump seems fine

image.php

image.php

removeable frame piece looks fine

image.php

frame in place for reattaching :builder: :thanks:

Joe, I think you made a wise choice by not painting it. I sort of grew up in a body shop, my father in-law was one of the best custom painters in the area. I do know one thing, if you aren't going to do it right and use good quality paint, don't do it at all. We are doing a 65 GTO right now that was taken to some cheap paint shop and had junk put on it. They didn't even sand the car before painting. It is going to cost a lot more money to prep this car just because the old junk needs to be removed.

okay ...weber dft carb is pretty much mounted and ready.... also put in the 1100 swing arm we are using on this bike ....this will bring in a 16" wheel size on a very reliable 1100 wheel and awat hrom the 1200 wheel problem the 1200s have ....seems the frame on 1200s is very crowded around the swing arm area ....and options are limited to 1200 frame and still be a dresser with all the trimming they have ....

Agree about how close it is;Dent in 1200 S. A. could be increased in size slightly with hammer,& drift,to get a little more room? :headscratch: Just a thought :clapping:

My SEi had an occasional tire rub on the drive tube that I narrowed down to old tires. When I mounted new Dunflops, they gained almost 1/2" clearance. Surprising how tires expand with age.

Thru the ether from my LP2

i tried brian ..i had to pm the 1200 messiah... on how to start a 1200 with no key or brains ...

when it got down to memory on what to do i quit ...i knew i was toast ...it was getting late ... and mike confermed i wouldnt have got it going ... :smilie_happy: :Doh2:

tomorrow :builder: :thanks:

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: ...there is fire in all holes ...sheesh what a monster guys ...took me awhile to connect all the red tape :shock: but i finally got it all ... :hihihi: going to to antifreeze it and hopefully get a video of it running ... sheesh ...i had forgotten how mean this motor is when i ran it back in 2013 ...with the weber and strait pipes on it now ...ive never heard such an oldwing like this ... video coming i hope :builder: :thanks:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=136118#p136118:xq5nk8ax said:
joedrum » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:22 am[/url]":xq5nk8ax]
well randy at the moment it is neither ...right now its a frame with a motor in it ..sitting on a stump ...running :thank_you: :hihihi:
You could sit on it and imagine your riding it.....brum brum