Damper plate elimination

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Denver

Reaction score
Can't rember where I saw it, but it was possible to eliminate the damper plate,with two steel plates. One where damper plate goes,the other on which end of stack?

Could you give the web site for NGW? Don't remember what the N is for. GW is for Gold Wing, I guess. Will trash damper plate next time I'm in the area. Next tire change would be a real good time.You are close with the rear wheel out of the way. :thanks:

Denver":2p1edhes said:
Could you give the web site for NGW? Don't remember what the N is for. GW is for Gold Wing, I guess. Will trash damper plate next time I'm in the area. Next tire change would be a real good time.You are close with the rear wheel out of the way. :thanks:

https://www.ngwclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16877

Why would you want to trash it.Does it not make the clutch perform smoother?
I have had to replace mine once do to a rivet coming out,but I dont know if I would sacrifice the smoothness of the wing to save $50.00.Not on the wing anyway.

You have the chain & a big spring on your output shaft to cushion the clutch. Read the posting on NGW for better explation of this. Also they are no longer available!!! Do away with a poorly designed part,& over come the problem of availiblty & make a stronger bike. Sounds like a winner to me

Latest posts