Decisions Decisions Decisions

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brianinpa

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My brother came into town for a long weekend so we could go to the Dover race this past weekend and on his trip across country, I had him make a stop in Denver for me. He picked up my new to me Bates bags and that Lee's Starr fairing I posted about. I have been working on hanging the bags and think I have them figured out. The mounting is for the most part just as the instructions show with the exception that the hardware is not original. I wanted to try and keep the stock turn signals, but they need to go so that I can slide the bags further back and give the wife some more leg room. I have that mostly finished but I don't want to start cutting wires just yet. I will finish everything up when I am done with the face lift of the bags.

White does not look quite the way I want them to look, so a change in color is needed. I am not so sure that the bike is staying gray, so I may be repainting the entire bike, but for now I think I am going with black. My dilemma is: flat, matte, or gloss.

What do you think?

To me flat black looks cheap.Its OK on rat rods and rat bikes,but if its nice you are after go gloss.Bury it in clear and wet sand/buff to a mirror finish.

Dont get me wrong,I re-did my 500 in a matt finish,but the purpose of that bike is to be the bomber I never wash.

Attachments

• 500 006.JPG
    500 006.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 223
  • 500 004.JPG
    500 004.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 220
What does your wife have to say about it? You know how us women are... :rant: :swoon: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: If she is happy then it might make things easier on you. I prefer glossy. Good luck whatever you decide.

The choice is yours but remember that gloss shows imperfections, while matt shows dirt and oil. Black does go with everything though!

1burthabutt":2mw3nza5 said:
What does your wife have to say about it? You know how us women are... :rant: :swoon: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: If she is happy then it might make things easier on you. I prefer glossy. Good luck whatever you decide.

She seems happy with the white, but the only thing that really mattered to her was that the bags be further back than I wanted so that she had "more leg room." :rant: Since she is the one that MUST be obeyed, I am mounting it further back. :smilie_happy:

mcgovern61":37simcy5 said:
Bobo":37simcy5 said:
I get berthabutt's drift: Gotta paint it Mary Kay pink! :smilie_happy:
:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: (Not fair......that is an assumption!)
Thank You mcgovern61! I would prefer a checkered flag pattern on them or something trick if it was our bike. :thank_you: My helmet is pink, but thats because it matches my snowmobile suit. BUT it is not peptobismal (sp) Mary Kay pink!!!!! :cheeky: I dont have a motorcycle helmet yet and with it being cooler I will wait to puchase it or wait on Santa to bring me one!

Photo's when you get done please,,,I like the bag in the photo, looks good...Now customize it..