Dft jets

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen them on ebay and I'm sure there are other sources. Easier to just drill to size. Set of micro drills isn't real expensive.

I went the drill bits route and found out later that just .05 (?) change in size can make a big difference, as in a .50 jet I could drill to .55 instead of .60
To go smaller I soldered the hole closed then drilled.
I'm not having any luck finding online the kit I bought.

I use a very thin electrical solder and a 100 watt solder gun. Once the jet is hot enough, just a quick touch of solder in the hole is enough. I was using a torch on a low flame but discovered the solder gun worked also.

If you do solder, find a drill bit that fits the opening of the jet and rest the jet on the bit. You can get it to a point where you don't fill the whole jet with solder that way. Saves a lot of time drilling, and maintains a bit of the jets true characteristics. Easy to break bits. For air jets, I chuck the jet in a drill and hold the bit with a vise grip. You could do this with fuel jets too, but be careful with what may happen to the jet in the chuck if it spins. I screwed up a few.